wehrlse1

Reaction score
Hello! I am trying to add a call tracking number to one of my client's profiles on Google My Business, and it keeps getting removed. I have tried adding it as the primary number with the actual phone number listed as the secondary number. I have also tried adding it on its own and updating it every day as it is removed. I am assuming this is due to some Google algorithm. Should I reach out to support? Or does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
It sounds like you might have a 3rd party tool connected to your listing that is overwriting this. You can see what apps currently have access to change your account here: Sign in - Google Accounts. Look for things listed under the third-party apps section that say they have access to manage business listings.

wehrlse1

Reaction score
Hi Joy, thank you so much for the suggestion! I tried that, and it did not work. Should I be going in through our client account (that has primary ownership) or our company account (management access and manages all of our other clients)? Thank you again!

wehrlse1

Reaction score
Ok, I checked our master account as well. All the apps on it are ones we use on a regular basis and can not be removed. I know there are a few duplicate profiles for this client under different names, but they have the same street, attributes, and phone number. Is it possible those are influencing the profile I am working on? I am trying to get Google to merge or delete the duplicates.

DickHannah

LocalU Member
Reaction score
If you reach out to GMB support they should be able to specify what is overwriting it. Also, if you want to post this on the GMB forum (you'd need to specify what business/location it is), I can ask Google for you.
Hi Joy,
I am also facing this problem with a couple of our clients. I checked the connections and we do not have any citation source that has access to manage our GMB. I reached out to support to no avail, have waited 4 days. It seems like every edit I make continues to be overwritten. Anyway you could reach to Google?

Thank you,

#1.
Pro Caliber Motorsports
3500 North Highway 97 Bend, Oregon 97701

#2.
Pro Caliber Motorsports
10703 Northeast Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver, Washington 98662

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
CarrieHill Direct Traffic Look Odd? Your Call Tracking Metrics Setup May Be to Blame Google My Business & Google Maps 0
JoshuaMackens Dynamic Number Swapping (Call Tracking) Being Crawled By Google On Website Local Search 20
Linda Buquet Phone Calls Now Being Tracked by Google My Business Insights Google My Business & Google Maps 22
L Apple Maps With Call Tracking Number On Website Citations 4
Scott ClientClicks Call Tracking for Local Service Ads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 4
lukeelliott Using DNI Call Tracking With Website Connected To A GMB Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 1
lukeelliott Wanted to make a forum post about DNI call tracking. Contact Us Messages 1
Chris Ratchford Can't find call tracking on website... need to remove it Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
Ben Walsh Call Tracking best practices Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
JoshuaMackens GMB Ads - Call Tracking Phone Number Paid Search and Local Service Ads 6
Tim Colling Call Tracking Metrics Alternatives? Local SEO Tools & Software 4
Tim Colling Call Tracking vendors - Which to you use for GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
obcted Call Tracking In GMB Citations 12
wideangle SEO implications of call tracking numbers on a local directory site Citations 19
Tim Colling Call Tracking Metrics no longer provides phone support Recycle Bin 1
JoyHawkins Do Call Tracking Numbers Impact Ranking? Local Search 3
FriarTuck00 GMB Call Tracking Number Showing Up on Other Listings Citations 28
HangTenSEO Another Call Tracking Setup Question Citations 2
S Call Tracking Local Search 7
Caroline Yell call tracking Number and BrightLocal Local Search 3
epicwebstudios Debate: GMB Call Tracking - Yay or Nay? Local Search 27
iFuse Call Tracking & Local Search Local Search 6
Susan NAP Consistency & Call Tracking Citations 8
Eric Rohrback Call Tracking & PBX for your business Consultant's Corner 3
L Changing Call Tracking Numbers Consultant's Corner 4
Linda Buquet Guide to Using Call Tracking for Local Search - Mike Blumenthal Local Search 0
Andrew Polanski Call Tracking + Schema... Google My Business & Google Maps 3
freerunr Call tracking and JavaScript Local SEO Tools & Software 7
Larry Yellow Pages Call Tracking Citations 9
seoWest Location specific domains instead of call tracking? Local Search 0
Chris Ratchford Call tracking and Schema- possible to place in meta data? Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet Local SEO Call Tracking - Huge BS Alert Local Search 29
M Call Tracking Numbers: Did This Guy Just Tell Businesses to Commit Local Suicide? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Mike Wilton Call Tracking Numbers: Did This Guy Just Tell Businesses to Commit Local Suicide? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Chris Ratchford Google Analytics - setting up goals for click-to-call Organic SEO 2
0 Primary Owner hospitalized and has a stroke. Need to add myself as a manager. Verifying via phone calls only grants me Site Manager access. Help & Support for Google Local 2
Tim Colling I'm getting calls from "Google Maps" at 650-206-5555, asking about clients' hours - are they legit? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
J Local Service Ads (LSA) impact on GMB calls? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
H How would you interpret increasing discovery views, decreasing phone calls? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Colan Nielsen "Preview Call History" Beta Appearing in GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 20
hajnasiewicz What is this type of knowledge panel called Local Search 5
Caroline Call Now Button Disappeared on Google Posts Mobile? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
ashley.smith Business Hours - After hours calls go to call center Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Digitaldar Can't Get a Postcard or Call - How to Verify? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
K Fake Google calls Spam on Google 2
H What is a live video call? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
G Reporting a fraud calls Google My Business & Google Maps 1
djbaxter CallJoy: Why did Google Call it Joy? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 8
djbaxter Bank employee gives customer's business negative Google Review after frustrating phone call Local Reviews 1
M How Does Google Calculate Call Only Ad Charges? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 4