More threads by wehrlse1

wehrlse1

Reaction score
Hello! I am trying to add a call tracking number to one of my client's profiles on Google My Business, and it keeps getting removed. I have tried adding it as the primary number with the actual phone number listed as the secondary number. I have also tried adding it on its own and updating it every day as it is removed. I am assuming this is due to some Google algorithm. Should I reach out to support? Or does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

It sounds like you might have a 3rd party tool connected to your listing that is overwriting this. You can see what apps currently have access to change your account here: Sign in - Google Accounts. Look for things listed under the third-party apps section that say they have access to manage business listings.

Hi Joy, thank you so much for the suggestion! I tried that, and it did not work. Should I be going in through our client account (that has primary ownership) or our company account (management access and manages all of our other clients)? Thank you again!

Ok, I checked our master account as well. All the apps on it are ones we use on a regular basis and can not be removed. I know there are a few duplicate profiles for this client under different names, but they have the same street, attributes, and phone number. Is it possible those are influencing the profile I am working on? I am trying to get Google to merge or delete the duplicates.

If you reach out to GMB support they should be able to specify what is overwriting it. Also, if you want to post this on the GMB forum (you'd need to specify what business/location it is), I can ask Google for you.

If you reach out to GMB support they should be able to specify what is overwriting it. Also, if you want to post this on the GMB forum (you'd need to specify what business/location it is), I can ask Google for you.
Hi Joy,
I am also facing this problem with a couple of our clients. I checked the connections and we do not have any citation source that has access to manage our GMB. I reached out to support to no avail, have waited 4 days. It seems like every edit I make continues to be overwritten. Anyway you could reach to Google?

Thank you,

#1.
Pro Caliber Motorsports
3500 North Highway 97 Bend, Oregon 97701

#2.
Pro Caliber Motorsports
10703 Northeast Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver, Washington 98662

@DickHannah can you confirm how long the listings have been around and how recently you took ownership of them (verified them)?

K. Can you also post a thread on the GMB forum then and clarify what fields you're editing (and what you want to change them to) and DM me the link to the thread?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom