More threads by Scott ClientClicks

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi All, I was wondering if anybody has tried using third-party call tracking for local service ads. We just implemented LSAs for a law firm and they currently use a call tracking system for regular Google ads. I was wondering whether the caller id from the caller (and not the Google call tracking number) would show in an email from the call tracking company. Google already assigns a call tracking number to LSA's so that would be double-forwarding and I don't know if the caller id would still show.

Solution
Thanks TomW and PKLilikoi. I am confirming that we set a tracking number for the local service ad and it works great. You were correct that the double-forwarding isn't a problem. Note that you do have to call the local service ad people and ask them to change the number. There is nowhere in the dashboard to do that yourself.
Hi All, I was wondering if anybody has tried using third-party call tracking for local service ads. We just implemented LSAs for a law firm and they currently use a call tracking system for regular Google ads. I was wondering whether the caller id from the caller (and not the Google call tracking number) would show in an email from the call tracking company. Google already assigns a call tracking number to LSA's so that would be double-forwarding and I don't know if the caller id would still show.
I use CallRail and Call Tracking Metrics for a few clients. What I do is import the call conversions via a Google set up which you can read here

Hopefully this helps you.

Yes, it shouldn't have any issue understanding and displaying the correct info of the caller despite a double forward.

Thanks TomW and PKLilikoi. I am confirming that we set a tracking number for the local service ad and it works great. You were correct that the double-forwarding isn't a problem. Note that you do have to call the local service ad people and ask them to change the number. There is nowhere in the dashboard to do that yourself.

Solution
Great, thanks for confirming and glad to hear it's working okay!

Taking this a little further than you asked, I use WhatConverts for tracking. It connects with Google ads and sends REAL conversion data back to google (meaning it will tell Google if that phone call or form submission the business got from a website visitor via an ad turned into an appointment. This is perfect if you are optimizing for conversions.) It also tracks your GBP calls. I didn't think I could connect it to LSAs before now because of the double forwarding, so thanks for that sweet piece of info!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom