More threads by SilverFoxMKE

SilverFoxMKE

Reaction score
I have one client who is a church, and another client who is a real estate agent and both are missing key elements from GBP. The church is missing the ability to add Services (such as Bible Study, Baptism, etc), and the real estate agent is missing the ability to add products. I'm not a developer, so I don't know if I have the technical skills to link in with an API. Is there another option other than to trash the Profile and start fresh?

A lot of GBP features are triggered by the primary category. I imagine this is because those features aren't available for the primary category you are using.

Not to say people haven't been adding them and even enjoying some success. Heck, we do it at our agency too, though mostly because the clients love the extra shinies.

It's just that I wouldn't expect much help from Support on this particular point.

I have a client with 4 locations of a medical spa. The med spa offers services that span 9 'categories' on Google business profile. Over the past 5 months I have experimented with keywords and H-tags on landing pages with semantic relation to the common associated 'services' related to each individual primary category. I can confirm that there are 'primary categories' that will eliminate your products and the product listings you may have already had on that profile. Once I returned these locations to the other primary category I found the "add product" option had returned to the individual google business profile. So I agree with and can confirm with @Colan Nielsen on the primary category affecting this ability. I also have experienced Google's proclivity to alter the inherent traits and allowances of business categories from past experience. They change things and change them back seemingly as an experiment or perhaps as the unwanted or unexpected result of code modifications to the platform.

I have a client with 4 locations of a medical spa. The med spa offers services that span 9 'categories' on Google business profile. Over the past 5 months I have experimented with keywords and H-tags on landing pages with semantic relation to the common associated 'services' related to each individual primary category. I can confirm that there are 'primary categories' that will eliminate your products and the product listings you may have already had on that profile. Once I returned these locations to the other primary category I found the "add product" option had returned to the individual google business profile. So I agree with and can confirm with @Colan Nielsen on the primary category affecting this ability. I also have experienced Google's proclivity to alter the inherent traits and allowances of business categories from past experience. They change things and change them back seemingly as an experiment or perhaps as the unwanted or unexpected result of code modifications to the platform.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my inquiry. I appreciate the confirmation on the category selection!

Thanks for the explicit confirmation. @SilverFoxMKE if your category changed, that's probably the issue. If not, it is also possible google specifically removed the option to have products for churches, which is not exactly a nonsensical move, to be honest, though I see how products were a convenient way to present certain informations before. The only function intended for specifically this type of information is the ticket/activity thing, which is only available for "attraction businesses and tour operators".

I found this amazing tool that allows you to see which category's offer services. Free GBP Tool from Jepto (I included a screen shot that shows the tool; make sure you click on Profile Associations and not AI suggestions)

Jepto_Discovery_how to use.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU - Sold Out

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom