More threads by nicoco

nicoco

Reaction score
One of my clients who is an electrician, has just moved to another location which is two roads down from the initial one.
His GMB listing has been set up as a service area business according to the Google's guideline for years, but I still want google to have the right address details to make sure it's in line with the new address on the website and everywhere else.
I added the new address in GMB expecting to be sent a code verification but nothing happened. Somehow it seems to have gone through. I then cleared the address to make sure it was still set up as a service area, but I am not sure if it has. How can I verify Google is holding the right address location for the business?

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about NAP consistency. It should have no impact here since it's a service area business.

In my opinion, Google could have found the new address on Facebook or other 3rd party sites and made the connection. OR Google rates each GMB with a spam score. The lower the spam score the more you can get away with, changing the name, address, categories, etc...

In my opinion, Google could have found the new address on Facebook or other 3rd party sites and made the connection. OR Google rates each GMB with a spam score. The lower the spam score the more you can get away with, changing the name, address, categories, etc...
Thanks

You would know if it has gone through successfully by seeing if the business now ranks when you search from the new location. You should find that it ranks better there and worse in the old location.

You would know if it has gone through successfully by seeing if the business now ranks when you search from the new location. You should find that it ranks better there and worse in the old location.
Thanks Joy. It's difficult to tell because the new address is only one street away from the old one. I'm just concerned about NAP consistency at this stage rather than rankings

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom