More threads by NexstarNickR

NexstarNickR

Solutions
Reaction score
I am having some trouble working in the backend of Google Ads. I am trying to change the audience of an existing ad campaign, but can't seem to figure out where I can do that. Do you know where I can re-set my audience for a campaign that is already running?

Thanks in advance for your help!

@NexstarNickR What type of campaign are you talking about? (Performance Max, Search, Display)?
  • For search and display you can go to the left-hand nav where you chose a specific Campaign > Audience
    • Here you can select audience signals to targeting or observing (depending on what you want to do with that campaign)

• G recently changed this so you have to click "Edit audience segments" to add/remove audiences to the table

• Same with demographics, you need to click "Edit demographics" > select an ad group and then chose the demos you want to keep/remove

• You can exclude audiences at the bottom

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 1.37.54 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 1.40.34 PM.jpg

• For Performance Max, you edit audiences as part of the Asset Group > Audience signal > click little pencil

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 1.44.24 PM.jpg

For all of these you can edit for an existing campaign. Here is some more info on audience targeting: About audience targeting - Google Ads Help

Hope this helps!

@NexstarNickR What type of campaign are you talking about? (Performance Max, Search, Display)?
  • For search and display you can go to the left-hand nav where you chose a specific Campaign > Audience
    • Here you can select audience signals to targeting or observing (depending on what you want to do with that campaign)

• G recently changed this so you have to click "Edit audience segments" to add/remove audiences to the table

• Same with demographics, you need to click "Edit demographics" > select an ad group and then chose the demos you want to keep/remove

• You can exclude audiences at the bottom

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 1.37.54 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 1.40.34 PM.jpg

• For Performance Max, you edit audiences as part of the Asset Group > Audience signal > click little pencil

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 1.44.24 PM.jpg

For all of these you can edit for an existing campaign. Here is some more info on audience targeting: About audience targeting - Google Ads Help

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much! This is very helpful, and I will let you know if I run into any problems. Thank you so much!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom