More threads by bethleach

bethleach

Reaction score
I have a dental practice that just was purchased by a new dentist. The old dentist is retiring, and the practice is changing names. The practice has the name of the dentist. I need to know the best protocols for changing the name without losing all of the goodwill of the practice and still allowing the existing patients to find the practice online.

Is the name changing drastically? You can add into the description on the GMB profile "formally known as". Also, add that onto the website and any social media and directories that allow business descriptions.

You won't necessarily lose rankings in maps with a name change, but you may trigger a re-verification if the name is different enough.

Thanks. The name is changing to a completely different name. I am most concerned about previous patients being able to find the practice online. We have an older existing patient base who have been coming for over 30 years to the practice. We have a large campaign launching to tell the older folks that we have rebranded which will help.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom