More threads by deanPlumberseo

Reaction score
So I have a client with a bunch of citations referencing an old address. I am able to gain access to a few, very few. But a majority of them I cannot get access to. Any ideas on how to get in them if the client does not have U and P?

Frustrated :)

Hi Dean,

This is one of the trickier and more time consuming tasks in local SEO. But ever so important.

We run into this obstacle all the time. It comes down to a combination of tactics to get the job done. This will include:

• claiming and editing when possible
  • using the "contact us form"
  • E-mailing the directory
  • Phoning the directory and talking to a live rep

Nyagoslav did a great post last year that has some of the ways to contact some of the important directories. His post is about duplicates, but the same concepts can apply to updating listings.

Removing Duplicate Listings from Different Business Directories

Last edited:
Hi Dean,

This is one of the trickier and more time consuming tasks in local SEO. But ever so important.

We run into this obstacle all the time. It comes down to a combination tactics to get the job done. This will include:

• claiming and editing when possible
  • using the "contact us form"
  • E-mailing the directory
  • Phoning the directory and talking to a live rep

Nyagoslav did a great post last year that has some of the ways to contact some of the important directories. His post is about duplicates, but the same concepts can apply to updating listings.

Removing Duplicate Listings from Different Business Directories

Thanks Colan, appreciate the feedback.

Dean

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom