More threads by dteb

dteb

Reaction score
Client wants to rank for a keyword that I doubt they can, but wanted to get some input.

-Client is a nurse that helps people manage their medications, which is commonly done by a psychiatrist.
-Since most competitors are psychiatrists, the client wants to rank for "location + psychiatrist", since that is what most potential customers search for.
-Is it possible to rank for that query? e.g. through content like "Do you need a psychiatrist to manage your medications?" or backlink anchor text that contains "psychiatrist"

I'm skeptical, but wanted to get input before I talk with the client about expectations.

Putting whether or not this is a good idea aside, yes you could absolutely optimize some pages for that and rank.

I'd probably start by seeing what types of pages are already ranking for the things you want to rank for.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom