More threads by Jbeach

Jbeach

Reaction score
Hi,

My client's competitors are very clearly using fake locations to get on Google Maps, I have had them removed twice and each time they reappear a week later with a new fake address and still have all their reviews.

How can I permanently get them removed from Google Maps?

@Jbeach, because there's no way to prevent a determined person from sneaking a new fake listing past the goalie, there's no way to get "them" permanently removed from the map. It's whac-a-mole. Pretty much all you can do is continue what you've been doing, which is significant and productive, even if it's frustrating and seems pointless. You're slowing their roll and adding a cost to the spamming. There'd be even more spam if you did nothing, partly because of that competitor, and partly because of other competitors who'd conclude (with good reason) that they might as well. There are many ways you can put gum on their shoes, which may or may not be wise here. Short of any of that, just keep doing what you're doing.

@Jbeach, because there's no way to prevent a determined person from sneaking a new fake listing past the goalie, there's no way to get "them" permanently removed from the map. It's whac-a-mole. Pretty much all you can do is continue what you've been doing, which is significant and productive, even if it's frustrating and seems pointless. You're slowing their roll and adding a cost to the spamming. There'd be even more spam if you did nothing, partly because of that competitor, and partly because of other competitors who'd conclude (with good reason) that they might as well. There are many ways you can put gum on their shoes, which may or may not be wise here. Short of any of that, just keep doing what you're doing.

Great, thank you so much!

I also submitted a redressal form over a month ago and posted on Google Communities but nothing has happened yet, would you be able to help with this?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom