More threads by Mike Pedersen

Reaction score
I know Linda a while back mentioned if a business had say 2 locations listed on the website, the there should be 2 google local listings.

She had also mentioned that the second location should have it's own page on the website (unique URL), and that the second google listing (local) should be linked to that interior location page.

My question is I have never seen a link to an interior page on any google listing. Even the ones with multiple locations.

So I'm wondering what's google compliant regarding the second location and second google listing (local) setup?

Would love to hear what the pro's say.

Google usually only shows the site name as a display URL. If you click on it it will take you to the local page.

Here is a search for Walmart in Boston. They have a separate landing page for each location. Also a separate Facebook page for each store which is integrated to the landing page.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=walmart+boston

I know Linda a while back mentioned if a business had say 2 locations listed on the website, the there should be 2 google local listings.

She had also mentioned that the second location should have it's own page on the website (unique URL), and that the second google listing (local) should be linked to that interior location page.

My question is I have never seen a link to an interior page on any google listing. Even the ones with multiple locations.

So I'm wondering what's google compliant regarding the second location and second google listing (local) setup?

Would love to hear what the pro's say.

Yes Jacob is exactly right and that was a good example Jacob.

Another you can check Mike is Roto-Rooter. Most of their locations have location landing pages.

However if it's only 2 locations I've normally said you can get by linking both to home and have both NAPs on the site, especially if different cities. Pros and cons about whether that's ideal.

@ Jacob: Thanks. I didn't have to think at all on that one. Perfect example. :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom