More threads by Jason_Parks1

Jason_Parks1

Reaction score
Hi There,

We're working with a business who deleted an employees email when he was terminated. This former employee is the one who had ownership of their GMB page. This subsequently deleted their GMB page.

If we were to restore this past employees email, would the Google My Business page return? Or are they out of luck and have to start from scratch?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi Kerry: Yes, it was tied to Google Workspace.

There was an employee who was terminated. The company deleted his Gmail account (tied to workspace). The former employee was the admin of the GMB page. This subsequently deleted the GMB page.

I reached out to GMB support and they said there was nothing that could be done to restore the page, unfortunately.

I have a client with this situation too....old G Workspace email account deleted that was the main admin for the GMB page. This is an interesting loophole for clients who might want to divest themselves of a GMB with bad reviews and start fresh. :) I wonder what would happen if someone tried to do that? Would G recognize that there's an old deleted GMB and automatically restore those 1 stars?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom