Reaction score
Hi all,

Up until now, I've never had the occasion to work with a service-area business.

I quickly found that the typical ways to create a Google direct review box link don't work if the address is hidden in the listing. For example, the Whitespark tool: https://whitespark.ca/google-review-link-generator/.

Whitespark mentions a workaround, which is simply to copy the Review button link in the listing. That works on a desktop machine, but not a mobile device in my testing.

Anyone know of a way to create a direct review box link for a service area business that works universally - desktop and mobile?

Screenshot of typical review box: https://goo.gl/VdqUzy

stankolev

Solutions
Reaction score
This variant working in most of the cases:

http://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid={{PLACE ID}}

How to find the Place ID for SABs:

• From GMB go to maps ( something like https://www.google.com/maps?cid=696688597831231255 )
  • View the page source ( for FF and Chrome hit ctrl+U )
  • Search for ChIJ, and you should see something like ... null,"ChIJ66IOH4QFdkgRv_2QnOJZr2A",null ... this part ChIJ66IOH4QFdkgRv_2QnOJZr2A is the {{PLACE ID}}
  • Replace and test

Reaction score
Thanks, that general method works (without the brackets). For example: http://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=ChIJEyXAeJAqnYARSHUoxo0CBEA

However, this particular service-area business does not pull up in Maps, which means I cannot find the Place ID. I'm not sure if that's because the listing is new (about a week) or if it's a limitation of service-area business. Anyone have experience with this?

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
However, this particular service-area business does not pull up in Maps, which means I cannot find the Place ID.

The Grade.Us Google Review Link Generator works even if address is hidden and the top option gets the Place ID and opens exactly where you want it to. (On desktop - Have not tried mobile, but assume it still works unless Google changed something again.)

stankolev

Solutions
Reaction score
In general the problem with the most of the generators is that they use Google Place API to find the listing but SABs are excluded from this API.

Michael can you PM me some details for the business to see if I'm gonna find the Place ID.

Reaction score
@Linda Buquet Hi Linda, it's been a while since we spoke, hope all is well. I know Jon at grade.us and in fact I tried the grade.us tool first, but the business was not listed. However, I tried it again a few days later and it popped up, so I think I ran up against a data propagation delay with this new listing. I have the place ID in hand now and it works with both desktops and mobile devices using this format: http://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=ChIJEyXAeJAqnYARSHUoxo0CBEA
. Thanks!

@stankolev Thank you for your offer, the Place ID has been found. I've used Pleper, nice tool!

Reaction score
@Margaret Thank you. That's a good tool. I tried the Places API text search early in the process, but I think the key issue was that listing was too new and had not propagated through the entire system. It now pops right up.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Dustybones Link directly to GMB "Write a review" box not working Local Reviews 8
Linda Buquet How to DIRECT Link To Review Box on Google+ Local Pages Local Reviews 5
djbaxter How to find a direct link to leave a Google Review for your business Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Eric Shanfelt VIDEO TIP: How to Make a Direct Google Reviews Link Local Reviews 4
T Direct Review Link Not Working Local Reviews 2
V Reviews "directly produced by my site" Local Reviews 2
S Nifty tool to get a direct link to review on Google Local Reviews 4
rossicone Google Review Filter & Linking Directly to G+ Local Reviews 9
JamesGreenaway Map pin showing competitor and also direction issues Google My Business & Google Maps 3
R Map pin and get directions discrepancy Google My Business & Google Maps 2
D Directions Requests Coming From The Entire Country Local Search 4
CarrieHill Direct Traffic Look Odd? Your Call Tracking Metrics Setup May Be to Blame Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Jeffrey GMB Listing Not Showing For Direct Searches Google My Business & Google Maps 7
freerunr GMB Guidelines: phone number must be under the direct control of the business Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Lachlan_Wells New 'Order Delivery' buttons can potentially link directly to your website Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Ann Ross Posts in GMB not displaying directly Google My Business & Google Maps 2
D Manage listings directly from Search results? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Justin Mosebach CallRail Now Integrates Directly into GMB Local SEO Tools & Software 5
adriana Directions? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
M Google Maps not showing website and directions link Local Search 1
IanJohnson Driving Directions - Ranking Factor? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Yan Gilbert (Wrong) Directions to Hidden Addresses showing on Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 3
djbaxter Google changes link rel attributes: nofollow, sponsored, ugc, now hints not directives Organic SEO 1
PaulSteinbrueck GMB Short Name Option Not Availble. Direct Link? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
E Direct Address Search for Business Issues Help & Support for Google Local 2
Chaddow Google Maps Driving Directions Update ? Has anyone seen this Google My Business & Google Maps 4
j_holtslander Technical: Search Console ignoring "Do not index" directives? Consultant's Corner 4
L Explosion of "Direct Traffic" Organic SEO 5
L Incorrect Directions Issue Google My Business & Google Maps 1
H What is the difference between 'branded' and 'direct' Multi-Location Issues 2
lancemoore22 Wrong Directions Google My Business & Google Maps 5
OnlineLobstar GMB Insight: Why Two Different Dataset When It Comes to Direction Request? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Tim Colling Non-SAB in Local pack with NO driving directions Local Search 3
FriarTuck00 Maps No Longer Showing Full Address/Driving Directions Google My Business & Google Maps 0
FriarTuck00 G Maps No Longer Showing Full Address or Offering Driving Directions for Business Google My Business & Google Maps 17
Nathan Schoell Different domains directing to one website Local Search 3
C Direction suffix - Would Google see this as two different businesses? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 7
C Direction suffix - Would Google see this as two different businesses? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 7
H Organic Traffic being counted as direct Local Search 4
Linda Buquet Common GMB Problem - Driving Directions Wrong After Move - Here's the Solution Google My Business & Google Maps 3
M Has Yext Gotten Slower? No Longer Direct Insertion Without Yelp Hassling Clients? Local Search 3
M Has Yext Gotten Slower? No Longer Direct Insertion Without Yelp Hassling Clients? Recycle Bin 0
D Driving Directions & Phone Calls Results??? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
G Direct Mail to Aquire New Clients? Consultant's Corner 10
shondarogers Has anyone else see a dramatic drop in Direct Traffic? Marketing 3
M Google Maps Directions leading to old address Google My Business & Google Maps 4
L Apple "Maps" and Wrong Directions Local Search 8
Scott Rawlins Google Testing Moving Directional Local Info Panel Back into Search Results Local Search 0
D How To Link to Google Maps Driving Directions to Business... Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Marie Ysais Re-directing to a keyword URL tanked the rankings! Organic SEO 12