More threads by nathangdavidson

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,

The reason I ask is that one of my clients competitors recently closed their business, but has re-opened recently, but temporarily, as a Covid vaccination centre, but is still ranking for other irrelevant searches - in this instance "Event venue".

I thought I'd suggest an edit to their Category but can't see one that's relevant.

Any pointers welcomed as ever!

Thanks,
N

Solution
Hey,

Google has confirmed they won't be letting individual businesses mark off with an attribute or category the Covid testing or vaccination designation. They want to source this from brands directly or rely on 3rd party vendors (like Clinia in Canada). I wouldn't expect this to change any time to soon. Not sure this helps with the root question but I can at least confirm there's no way to mark it yourself as a Covid-19 vaccination site.
Hey,

Google has confirmed they won't be letting individual businesses mark off with an attribute or category the Covid testing or vaccination designation. They want to source this from brands directly or rely on 3rd party vendors (like Clinia in Canada). I wouldn't expect this to change any time to soon. Not sure this helps with the root question but I can at least confirm there's no way to mark it yourself as a Covid-19 vaccination site.

Solution
Hey,

It does help, many thanks, I must have missed that update from Google.

Hi,

The reason I ask is that one of my clients competitors recently closed their business, but has re-opened recently, but temporarily, as a Covid vaccination centre, but is still ranking for other irrelevant searches - in this instance "Event venue".

I thought I'd suggest an edit to their Category but can't see one that's relevant.

Any pointers welcomed as ever!

Thanks,
N
You can use Public Medical Center as your primary category. Then add the keyword Vaccination somewhere in your Products, Services, business name or website. It will work.

Don't push your luck by including the keyword Covid. This won't work.

Make the listing via cast light, they can mark it as a vaccination center, it will be an unmanaged listing, however.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom