More threads by julie-b

julie-b

Reaction score
Hi, my client has a live GBP and an identical GBP marked 'Duplicate' (also marked permanently closed) which I also have access to. I want to remove the duplicate profile using Google's instructions. However, when I added a post to the live GBP I can also see it added to the one marked duplicate, as though both profiles are linked. I would just like confirmation, that if I remove the duplicate profile (remove location), the live one will not be removed too. Thanks

The one marked duplicate is no longer a unique profile, it is the same profile as the live one marked verified. When you click on the duplicate profile link, it is actually just redirecting you to the live profile. When Google marks a profile duplicate, they actually merge that profile with a live one and that duplicate profile is now gone. So you are good to remove the duplicate from your dashboard and nothing will happen to the live profile.

The one marked duplicate is no longer a unique profile, it is the same profile as the live one marked verified. When you click on the duplicate profile link, it is actually just redirecting you to the live profile. When Google marks a profile duplicate, they actually merge that profile with a live one and that duplicate profile is now gone. So you are good to remove the duplicate from your dashboard and nothing will happen to the live profile.

Thanks for your help :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom