More threads by Aleeceeya

Aleeceeya

Reaction score
GBP is only allowing me an email verification for a new property, but the inbox is the name of the business, which I do not have access to.
(Ex. If the business was a 7/11, it is only allowing me to use an address that ends in @711.com as verification email.)
There is no way to edit the email address or another option offered like postcard or phone/text to verify the business.
Is there a way to change the verification channel when it does not prompt another option?

email.jpg

I am sorry but you won't be able to claim it. The business profile belongs to 7/11 only. No marketing company or franchisee can become the owner of it.

I am sorry but you won't be able to claim it. The business profile belongs to 7/11 only. No marketing company or franchisee can become the owner of it.

That is definitely good to know! But in this instance I am neither. I own the domain, but the third party who handles the CMS said creating an email on the platform was not an option.

Original question still stands. Is there a way to change the verification channel given?

That is definitely good to know! But in this instance I am neither. I own the domain, but the third party who handles the CMS said creating an email on the platform was not an option.

Original question still stands. Is there a way to change the verification channel given?
Since you own the domain, just transfer the files out to a different webhost who allows you to create unlimited emails ending with @711.com. Any webhost who doesn't allow you to create branded emails is not worth having, even if it's free. The old webhost can continue to be the domain name registrar. You will need to point the domain name to the new DNS server. Your old webhost can help you on this.

As for your original question, the answer is no way! If this is allowed, bad actors can easily hijack an unclaimed GBP belonging to others.

The other workaround that you can try (I don't promise that it will work, neither have I tried it before) is to use your friends domain name as your official website temporarily. Then, the verification email will (hopefully) be sent to myfriend@myfriendsite.ccom:ROFLMAO:

Since you own the domain, just transfer the files out to a different webhost who allows you to create unlimited emails ending with @711.com. Any webhost who doesn't allow you to create branded emails is not worth having, even if it's free. The old webhost can continue to be the domain name registrar. You will need to point the domain name to the new DNS server. Your old webhost can help you on this.

As for your original question, the answer is no way! If this is allowed, bad actors can easily hijack an unclaimed GBP belonging to others.

The other workaround that you can try (I don't promise that it will work, neither have I tried it before) is to use your friends domain name as your official website temporarily. Then, the verification email will (hopefully) be sent to myfriend@myfriendsite.ccom:ROFLMAO:

I am sorry but none of your advice is correct at all. Google won’t send an email to a different email address on a new domain. Google sets it’s so that some business can only be verified by email as is the case here. It’s not about bad actors.

@keyserholiday
Google won’t send an email to a different email address on a new domain.
You are most likely correct in this case.
Google sets it’s so that some business can only be verified by email as is the case here. It’s not about bad actors.
Your knowledge is limited in this area. Nevertheless, I shall not comment further on this as it's not my responsibility to educate you. It is my responsibility to educate @Aleeceeya You may continue to believe in what you know.

@keyserholiday

You are most likely correct in this case.

Your knowledge is limited in this area. Nevertheless, I shall not comment further on this as it's not my responsibility to educate you. It is my responsibility to educate @Aleeceeya You may continue to believe in what you know.

I am a Google Business Profile Product Expert and I work with 5 major brands. I know a lot about Google's TOS and policies and how Google views and treats franchises. I am extremely well versed in GBP. I was able to boot a franchisee from their business profiles because of the fact that the brand owns the business profiles and not the franchisees. I assure you I know exactly what I am talking about. The reason that only the email option is available is that 711 is using a bulk verified account. This is why no other option is available like a postcard or phone call. Google won't allow anybody to attempt to change the domain to trigger a different email address to be used.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom