More threads by TriciaClements

Reaction score
I'm going to be working on an Event Profile (not an event within a profile). It's my understanding that you can have a GBP for an event that is at the same venue for several years in a row and will continue to be there in the future, but not for one that it's the first year for an annual event.....

How does this work as far as verification? Typically these events are not in a business's location but in a public park or event center.

Any resources on how to set up and handle event profiles? Thanks!

I'm going to be working on an Event Profile (not an event within a profile). It's my understanding that you can have a GBP for an event that is at the same venue for several years in a row and will continue to be there in the future, but not for one that it's the first year for an annual event.....

How does this work as far as verification? Typically these events are not in a business's location but in a public park or event center.

Any resources on how to set up and handle event profiles? Thanks!

Hi Tricia, I likewise am wondering the same thing. We have recently been brought on to promote an annual festival that has been around for a few years, it is always at the same location, and occurs on the same day (2nd Saturday of a specific month). I ran across this article, which you may have already seen too, by @JoyHawkins but Joy didn't mention how to go about requesting a GBP for an Event: What Everybody Ought to Know About Events & Google My Business - Sterling Sky Inc

I checked and "Festival" is a GBP category, so I'm assuming that you go about it the same way as a traditional listing. Maybe Joy will see this and provide some feedback on best practices or suggestions. If not, I'll go thru the process and let you know my experience. Thanks!

You would have to request 2 postcards to the physical address of the event (request 1, when it doesn't arrive request a 2nd). After they both don't arrive you can contact Google support and suggest a manual verification.

Thank you @JoyHawkins! I've had this issue come up twice in the last few weeks.

If an account was verified with a different address, I'm assuming I would change the address the same way. Is that correct?

I have one that a business that runs the event verified at their address and every year people show up at the business which isn't where the event is. I'm working on getting it fixed to be accurate.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom