More threads by omer

omer

Reaction score
It seems like lately there is a massive of new fake maps. I submitted hundreds of maps to google via the redressal form.
It was more then 3 weeks ago and they didnt remove even one listing.

Meanwhile more and more fake maps showing and there is nothing i can do about it.
I am trying to describe as much as possible why its fake but i dont think someone care over there.

Any new suggestions to desperate guy like me?

I wouldn't be surprised if their response times are slower than usual, given staffing issues during COVID-19.

How are you submitting each spammy listing -- one at a time, or in bulk with a spreadsheet? What kind of information are you including?

I have heard (from sources such as Ben Fisher of SteadyDemand) that it's better to submit one type of spam at a time, if you're going to submit a lot. In other words, submit your keyword stuffing list, then your bad addresses list. It may also help to avoid using one huge submission, and instead break it up a bit.

Be sure to include a direct link to the Google Maps listing, and if Street View is part of your evidence, a direct link to that view as well. Make it as easy as possible for the human on the other end to review your evidence, so that they don't have to go hunting around.

I am also noticing an uptick of new fake listings being created too. I am having a lot of success using suggest an edit and getting the listings removed. While you can upload an excel document, you don't want to go over 100 locations. I never upload all of my keyword stuffers in one major batch. I create individual Redressal cases for them.

I am also noticing an uptick of new fake listings being created too. I am having a lot of success using suggest an edit and getting the listings removed. While you can upload an excel document, you don't want to go over 100 locations. I never upload all of my keyword stuffers in one major batch. I create individual Redressal cases for them.
Are you using local guide account for the suggest an edit?

I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've heard, whether you are a local guide or not doesn't have an impact on how your redressal form submissions are treated.

I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've heard, whether you are a local guide or not doesn't have an impact on how your redressal form submissions are treated.
I was talking about the "suggest an edit" you are right about the redressal form

Local Guide status doesn't have an impact on the acceptance/rejection when using the suggest an edit feature. You can boost up a Guide account in many ways which has no bearing on the acceptance rates. What matters is that the specific business edits you are contributing are good ones and eventually the account can become more trusted.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom