More threads by Ryan Steinolfson

Reaction score
Hello,
For a business that has multiple locations within the state. For SEO purposes do they have to have a twitter and Facebook page for every location?
Can they have one account for all locations?

Crystal :)

Hello,
For a business that has multiple locations within the state. For SEO purposes do they have to have a twitter and Facebook page for every location?
Can they have one account for all locations?

Crystal :)

Hi Crystal!

This is just my personal opinion. It all depends:
Does each location have a manager or team member that wants to manage their own account and create their own posts? If they want to post their own specials and announcements, then this would be a reason to create separate ones.

For Facebook, for local SEO purposes, I recommend creating a business page for each location so that each of these locations can collect their own recommendations / reviews and each Facebook page can rank on Google for their business name. For example, "Bob's Burgers Tampa" will most likely show their Facebook page in the search results along with their website or location page on their website. If they have a main HQ, you can set them up as parent / child Facebook business pages. Starbucks is a great example: Starbucks

For Twitter, for local SEO purposes, I don't think each location would warrant their own profile unless each location wanted to manage their own. Especially if the locations are close to each other or in the same region.

Hi Crystal!

This is just my personal opinion. It all depends:
Does each location have a manager or team member that wants to manage their own account and create their own posts? If they want to post their own specials and announcements, then this would be a reason to create separate ones.

For Facebook, for local SEO purposes, I recommend creating a business page for each location so that each of these locations can collect their own recommendations / reviews and each Facebook page can rank on Google for their business name. For example, "Bob's Burgers Tampa" will most likely show their Facebook page in the search results along with their website or location page on their website. If they have a main HQ, you can set them up as parent / child Facebook business pages. Starbucks is a great example: Starbucks

For Twitter, for local SEO purposes, I don't think each location would warrant their own profile unless each location wanted to manage their own. Especially if the locations are close to each other or in the same region.

Wow dannanelli this is such great feedback. Thank you for this insight, this is super helpful!

I just helped one of multi locations brands to kill of Twitter for each location. It doesn’t make any sense to do so, and is better for one account for all locations. Facebook is great to set up a page for each location as you will have different content for each location. Twitter has been suspending accounts for posting the same content or automating too much content.

One of my clients has three locations in the greater Los Angeles area. They originally had three separate Facebook pages but they found that it made their recruiting efforts a lot harder to have to load and track jobs across all three pages, so recently they had us merge them all into one.

So the answer is, "It depends". Like always. :)

For local storefront businesses, I think it makes sense to have a FB page for each because customer experience (reviews), NAP, etc can vary from location to location. FB will also auto generate location pages for businesses as well, and it can sometime be a pain to claim and/or merge them. But this also depends on the industry.

Twitter is another animal. You really need to have someone devoted to keeping active on Twitter to make having even one Twitter account make sense. Being active on the page is important for Facebook as well, but just having the FB page optimized without much activity is still useful for giving folks a place to leave a review or get directions.

They originally had three separate Facebook pages but they found that it made their recruiting efforts a lot harder

It might help to have context for my point above: this is a home health care company that has to continuously be recruiting for nurses and so they have found that centralizing that recruiting under just one Facebook page worked well for them. For other situations, as they say, your mileage may vary. :)

I just helped one of multi locations brands to kill of Twitter for each location. It doesn’t make any sense to do so, and is better for one account for all locations. Facebook is great to set up a page for each location as you will have different content for each location. Twitter has been suspending accounts for posting the same content or automating too much content.

Interesting info. Thanks for sharing that!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom