MonicaH

Reaction score
I've been having a problem when clients send an invitation to manage their GMB profile. When I click on the button to accept the invitation, I get an error message that says "Failed to accept invitation". I can't seem to find any answers as to why that's happening. I'm logged in with the same email address the invitation is sent to. And I've been able to accept the invitations in the past. I'm guessing that I somehow have things set up incorrectly but I have no idea what to change. I'm not using an agency account - does that make a difference?

Has anyone else experienced this error? Any suggestions for how to resolve the problem?

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi @MonicaH My first question was going to be about the agency account. But you answered that. This is a common occurrence when you upgrade to the agency dashboard and users send GMB manager invitations to the individual members of the agency dashboard.

Have you tried reaching out to GMB support?

MonicaH

Reaction score
Thanks Colan - I haven't tried GMB support yet. But I was talking with Ben Fisher yesterday and he mentioned that this seems to be a bug with accounts using a G Suite email address (like mine).

I'm thinking I may just switch to an agency account instead ...

greengabbard

Reaction score
What I have done before is remove the user from gmb and then have clients resend/add the email to the allowed users and it usually works the second time around. I have never had an agency account manage gmbs before so its unrelated in my opinion, its an issue with the system its self. Hope you get it sorted out either way.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
j_holtslander Insta-fail when creating a place? Help & Support for Google Local 5
A Help Client gets "Invitation failed (Role not allowed)" when trying to add Organization ID Help & Support for Google Local 6
vivekrpatel Failed: Crawl anomaly - URL is not available to Google Organic SEO 2
AndySimpson Images That Will Cause Your Google Posts to Fail and Filter Your Google Posts Google My Business & Google Maps 35
Ryan Steinolfson GMB Forum Notification: Failed to post. Content violates Community Policy. Google My Business & Google Maps 4
P Competitors Category Research Fails Recycle Bin 1
I Amazon - А Story of А Digital Marketing Fail Local Search 1
hajnasiewicz GMB Business Account > Manage Users > "Failed to load managers" Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Dustybones 3 signs your SEO campaign is failing Local Search 10
Linda Buquet 13 SEO Fails, Summed Up By Funny Cat GIFs Organic SEO 2
Lachlan_Wells Accept/Discard Google Updates - Does this feature work for you? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
brettmandoes Hiring SEO Analyst - Full Time - Remote Accepted Local SEO Job Board 1
B Adding Accepted Health Insurances NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
J ISSUE: We are not accepting new registrations Contact Us Messages 1
W Accepted Health Insurance Feature on Google My Business Google News: Important Changes & Features 14
djbaxter SVG added as accepted image format Forum Software Updates and Technical Issues 0
bdebelle Review Updates - "Accept all for this Location" resulting in listing suspension Help & Support for Google Local 2
EmilyW Error message accepting invites Google My Business & Google Maps 4
hajnasiewicz Prompted to Reverify Locations after accepting suggested edits Google My Business & Google Maps 13
Vincent Tobiaz Recent Study 3.6 min acceptable rating & 4.9 being most optimal Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Colan Nielsen [GMB Bug Alert] Listings Not in GMB After Accepting Manager Invite Local Search 5
T Accepting guest blog posts Recycle Bin 0
T GMB Agency - accept manager invitation error Help & Support for Google Local 6
L Accepting guest blog posts Organic SEO 3
A Glitch with accepting access to GMB listing Google My Business & Google Maps 6
S Image Sites That Accept GEO Tagging Local Search 0
C Directories That Accept Citation Without Street Address? (Besides Google & Bing) Local Search 0
C Doesn't Accept Cash Only Google My Business & Google Maps 16
F Client's Address Not Accepted Help & Support for Google Local 7
Linda Buquet Huge List: Acceptable NAP Variations for Google Local Citations from Whitespark Citations 3
B Re: Are Virtual Offices Now Acceptable on Google??? Recycle Bin 0
Travis Van Slooten Businesses in Small Town Can Only Accept Mail Via P.O. Boxes - How To Verify? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
E Are Virtual Offices Now Acceptable on Google??? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
A Google Local Phone support now accepts screenshots Google My Business & Google Maps 3
bluehabit Google + Multiple Listings Question: Acceptable or Penalization in the Making? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
Travis Van Slooten If You Accept Payments Through PayPal, Beware - You Could Lose Your Money! Consultant's Corner 10
Bryan Bloom Users added to a GMB but never get an invite.... 👿 Help & Support for Google Local 5
LocalSEOLondon Covid 19 delays to GMB Manager invites being sent? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
C Review Invite - Import Contact List Local Reviews 5
Linda Buquet Google Open Invite: Google My Business Discussion Panel at the Plex Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Google May Charge for Google+ Custom URLs - Invites Rolling Out Local Search 4