More threads by wesduplantier

wesduplantier

Reaction score
Was searching for a local/regional restaurant called Demos' last night (by their name, specifically) and noticed something different: The restaurant's logo appeared as a sort of favicon in the drop down of possible options.

I was able to replicate this using a national restaurant chain (Arby's).

But when I tried another vertical, a regional urgent care chain called CareNow, I saw the magnifying glass icon that I've usually seen in that spot.

Does anyone know how to get your logo to pull in like the Demos/Arby's shots? Is it only available to certain categories?

arbys1.jpg

carenow1.jpg

demos1.jpg

I was unable replicate it. I know that Google has been increasing the place label icons for businesses using PPC. Chains easily qualify based on how much they spend. It could also be a test as Google does a lot of testing.

I think I read if you spend a certain amount of dollars ($1,000+) in PPC you may get the favicons.

It's pulling through from actively managed GMB chain accounts. I have tested on numerous clients of ours (who i know aren't running any PPC) so having an active paid SEM campaign is not a requirement. Likely being tested / rolled out category by category.

Nice find!

It's pulling through from actively managed GMB chain accounts. I have tested on numerous clients of ours (who i know aren't running any PPC) so having an active paid SEM campaign is not a requirement. Likely being tested / rolled out category by category.

Nice find!
that's encouraging! thank you for the update!

Is this in the Google Maps app or browser? If browser, is it Safari or Chrome?

I've noticed regular Google search doing this for a little while now.

Here's a Chrome browser in desktop:
1598462192422.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom