krystaltaing

LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
If you've dealt with invalid events appearing on your Google My Business Knowledge Panel, I know how annoying and frustrating it can be. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do inside of GMB to control or impact these and either had to reach out to support or just wait until the event passed.

There is a new workflow for flagging invalid events which works similar to flagging invalid images, reviews, etc. I've just begun using this and haven't seen events removed but yet but the same rule applies - if 2 weeks passes and no movement, you can contact Google and ask them to escalate.

As with Google, there's always a caveat. For now, this process can only be accomplished on the Google Maps app on Android.

It's super simple, I've provided a workflow below.

First, on your Google Maps App on your android device, navigate to the events section of the listing. You will see purple flags next to each event (in the past, these just took you to the event site, this was changed recently)​
Flagging Events on Maps1.jpg
Click on the flag next to the event in question which will open up the event details in maps. Click on 'Send Feedback'​
Flagging Events on Maps2.jpg
You'll see your list of feedback options. In my instance, I chose 'other' and stated the event is not at the location it's associated with.​
Flagging Events on Maps3.jpg
Then you'll get the confirmation message and it's time to wait and monitor :)
Flagging Events on Maps4.jpg
I also thought the interface to suggest edits to events was helpful. You can suggest an edit to the name, location ( I like this option if you know where the event should be but you can't remove the location), start date & time, end date & time, category of the event, description, website, and even add photos.​
Flagging Events on Maps5.jpg
Hopefully this is helpful but please share your experience with flagging events!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
AndiFox Auto flagging new GMBs Google My Business & Google Maps 9
F Flagged Account Management? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Tony Wang Duplicate Review - Best Reason to Flag? Local Reviews 1
B Flagging Bad Reviews By Same Person - Best Practice? Local Reviews 1
Vincent Tobiaz Same person 2 profiles same review - flagging does nothing Google My Business & Google Maps 1
S Flagged listings removed but then reappear Google My Business & Google Maps 9
B Best practice for flagging keyword-stuffed business names Recycle Bin 0
JoyHawkins Google Not Getting Review Flags Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Garrett Sussman How to Flag Questionable Online Reviews on Google, Facebook, and Yelp Local Reviews 2
pbarnhart Yelp Flags Paid Reviews Via [Name Removed] Local Reviews 4
C Best practice for flagging keyword-stuffed business names Spam on Google 3
pbarnhart New Yelp Review Flagging Option Local Reviews 2
R Flagging Fake Reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 9
B Self Review Penalty? Three self reviews flagged, now all sites down 35% in 30 days. Local Reviews 6
brettmandoes "Invalid Business Location" NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
TalkingMonkey Category Issues - Google keeps reverting to invalid category NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
hajnasiewicz New? Events pulling from Facebook Google News: Important Changes & Features 2
valentinb13 Events in Knowledge Panel listing Google My Business & Google Maps 5
djbaxter Another option? Update your cancelled or postponed events with Schema Google My Business & Google Maps 0
djbaxter New schema properties for virtual, postponed, and canceled events Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Barb Davids Create an event that my client works for but didn't create? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Tiggerito Unfortunate event has triggered review and image attacks across multiple listings Help & Support for Google Local 6
keyserholiday LocalU Google My Business Master Class [Virtual Event] - March 25, 2019 Events 44
hajnasiewicz 2020 Events Events 8
S Is the service description section on GMB available for all industries? I am currently working on a business thats an event venue. Service Area Businesses 3
Jeffrey Google Events Google My Business & Google Maps 5
AndySimpson GMB Posts - Regular or Event Post Dilemma Question Google My Business & Google Maps 3
JoyHawkins New Format for Events on Google Maps Google News: Important Changes & Features 3
PaulSteinbrueck How to rank for Easter (and other seasonal events) Google My Business & Google Maps 3
S Does Google penalize you for using the Event post hack to get your post to last more than 7 days? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
hajnasiewicz Events Administration Google My Business & Google Maps 2
JoyHawkins A New Way to Add Events on Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 7
JoshuaMackens Local Search Events Consultant's Corner 26
PaulSteinbrueck GMB listing has events for other organizations Google My Business & Google Maps 3
hajnasiewicz Events in our Knowledge Panel, not published by us... Local Search 6
Rich Owings Google using event schema from different website Google My Business & Google Maps 8
JoyHawkins Events & Webinars Local Search Experts Forum 6
Garrett Sussman 3 Creative Ways to Use Community Events to Get Reviews For Your Local Business Local Reviews 2
Scott ClientClicks Anybody using Event Schema Markup? Local Search 1
Garrett Sussman 5 Frameworks for Creating Local Events with Community Value Local Reviews 2
JoyHawkins Web Marketing Events in 2016 Consultant's Corner 5
L Spam Alert: to use this feature visit: EVENT-TRACKING.COM Consultant's Corner 0
Colan Nielsen In-depth #LocalUp Coverage: Tweets & Slide Decks from the LocalU Event at Moz Local Search 16
Linda Buquet Lessons for Local Search Consultants coming out of "Leading In Local" Event Consultant's Corner 4
sergiuliano Local SEO / SEM Events List Local Search 1
Linda Buquet Local Search Citations & Links Via Event Marketing Local Search 8
m_j_gregory NEW - Add Google+ Events to Google+ Local Pages Google My Business & Google Maps 5