Cori Shirk

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm working with a client who needs to add some locations (150+) to Google+ Local. Normally I would use the bulk upload option for this, but I'm a bit hesitant to do this with the current migration over to Google+ Business... I spoke with a Google rep yesterday who told me that there is currently no way to do a bulk upload in the new G+ Business platform. I'm still seeing the option to 'add locations from a file' in the old Places dashboard, though. My gut tells me that if I add these now, they should be automatically upgraded, but I'm not sure enough to try it yet.

Has anyone tried to do a bulk upload since Google started migrating Local listings over to Business listings?

Thanks in advance for your ideas!
Cori

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hi Cori, welcome and thanks for posting!

I'll ask Google and see if I can get any updates or insights about bulk.

mblumenthal

LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
Google has noted at LocalU that the bulk upload functionality will ultimately be moved over to the new dashboard. As of now the only way to do bulk is via the old dashboard.

As a side note the bulk upload feature was updated about 18 months ago and is relatively current. It does however make updates to data in bulk and it takes 7 days to show the new data. Photos update very, very,very slowly.

For now, it is best to stick with the old bulk tool and wait for google to get to you.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Thanks so much Mike. As I said in that info request to Google I just don't deal with bulk and don't know much about it. So I'm really glad you came over to weigh in.

Thanks again!

Keenan Glass

Reaction score
Linda - Mike made the point very clear in the product discussion you were a part of at the TC Summit.

They're working on it, but I don't see any reason not to utilize the bulk upload tool as it is.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hi Cori, Jade from Google replied:

We'd recommend the bulk tool for this user with 150+ locations. They won't get social features right now... but we think trying to figure out 150 G+ pages would be pretty bad.

Cori Shirk

Reaction score
That's great to hear- I was feeling the same way about it being 'pretty bad!' :)

mblumenthal

LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
It is worse than pretty bad. That being said, Google really, really needs to figure out the brand/location relationship and a way for a single brand to effectively post a single update to multiple locations in a meaningful way.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Bing Local Bulk Upload & Multi Locations Multi-Location Issues 1
Scott Rawlins Bing Local Bulk Upload & Multi Locations Multi-Location Issues 1
Colan Nielsen Does Yahoo Local Have a Bulk Upload Option? Local Search 1
D Google+ Local Bulk Upload Listings not going live Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet More Improvements to Google Local Bulk Upload Management Announced Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Linda Buquet Google Local Bulk Upload Improvements Google My Business & Google Maps 0
T Google+ Local Bulk Upload Merge with already existing listings? Local Search 11
J Local Directories with Free Bulk Upload Feature Local Search 4
Kel Google+ Local Bulk Uploads Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet Google Local Bulk Users get Social & Multi-Admin Google My Business & Google Maps 2
M Google Local Services Ads - Lack of Leads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 9
rustybrick Google Local ranking update? Google Algorithm Discussions 6
Matt Chauhan Serious Problem With A Dentist's Local Rankings. NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
S Local Services Ads - Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
chrism Local Competitor Keyword Stuffing/Similar Words In GMB Spam on Google 2
buzzrank Home inspector business category not available in Canada, but local competitors have NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
djbaxter New Local SEO tool from BrightLocal: Local Search Grid Local SEO Tools & Software 7
Stef Kiley Temp closed business ranking higher in local pack Help & Support for Google Local 2
F Turkish post: Google My Business local seo Recycle Bin 0
accessted Local Falcon GMB Question Service Area Businesses 2
F Google My Business local seo Google Local 101 3
S What makes a great Home/Landing Page in Local? Local Search 6
E What is the Click Through Rate / Conversion Rate for GMB or Local 3 Pack listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
J New local pack display? Google Algorithm Discussions 2
N Dedicated local search Local Search 12
djbaxter Webinar The State of Local Search 2021 [Webinar + Q&A] Events 0
Imperialpest Page Speed and Local / Ranking Question Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
djbaxter Online Conference Pubcon Local Services Marketing Conference, January 20-21, 2021 Events 3
L Local Service Ad for Attorney Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Professor M No Reviews on Local Packs for Car Wash Category in Different Countries Google My Business & Google Maps 1
SpectateSwamp How about discussing local search... Like the Spectate one; everything a 50+ years of programming Geezer wants Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 3
B Google Beacons helping Local visability? Local Search 1
JoyHawkins Are Local Services Ads Stealing Clicks from Google My Business? A Case Study of 110 Listings Paid Search and Local Service Ads 0
M Decreased traffic to Google maps due to local service ads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Eoghan_MFeed Looking for a SaaS but more importantly Local Search experienced product managers 🔍 Local SEO Job Board 0
Professor M Google Maps and Google My Business Big Changes - Google Maps Local News Feed Google My Business & Google Maps 26
Shelly "On the menu: [item]" visual label in local pack Help & Support for Google Local 3
Brian Barwig Unconventional Approaches to Local Link Building Local Search 0
Marty Twelves Local links: are they really that much better? Local Search 1
Y Whenever I publish update for my local business, my local rankings drop for 3-4 days Local Search 1
H Recorded Sessions from Local U Local Search 1
jeff_taylor GMB Removes Reviews from Local Pack Local Search 0
Scott ClientClicks Call Tracking for Local Service Ads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 4
jpayne7 Google Favoring Rich Snippets for Job Postings over Local Business Listings? Google Local 101 4
NexstarNickR Google Local Service Ads: Price Increases due to Bidding Rollout Paid Search and Local Service Ads 3
K New local business using stock photos for portfolio Local Content 5
Kayla Adam Canadian Local SEO Agency Needed Local Search 3
shively Microsoft Clarity (Local SEO heatmap tool) Local Search 2
Brian Barwig How to Win at Local Search with Service Area Businesses Service Area Businesses 3
Charles Jenkins SCHEMA For local business with address hidden? Local Search 1