More threads by FriarTuck00

Reaction score
Recently, one of our employees mentioned that he was needing driving directions to a location and when he tried to search for our business on Google Maps, our business didn't show up. When I did some investigating, our "place" doesn't appear on the map anymore. This is a new change, as in within the last month or so.

Here is the link to our business on Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/h2dX7i5L4zH2

Google is only showing the city, state and ZIP for our business. I've checked our GMB listing and we're not a SAB, so we should be good there. Our schema markup on our site has us as a Local Business. I'm not sure where else I should be looking.

The way Google has us now, using Google Maps on my phone, I can't get driving directions to our business without already knowing the address.

I'm confused as to how this happened. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. I apologize! I've posted it in the Google Maps forum.

Can you post a screenshot of how it looks inside the dashboard? Is the address missing there as well?

Joy, the address does appear both on the dashboard and when you click Edit.

SEORocket Dashboard 012417.jpg

SEORocket BusinessInfo 012417.png

It does not appear on the Google+ page or on the company's Knowledge Graph.

SEORocket Google+ 012417.png

SEORocket KnowledgeGraph 012417.png

SEORocket Dashboard 012417.jpg

SEORocket BusinessInfo 012417.png

SEORocket Google+ 012417.png

SEORocket KnowledgeGraph 012417.png

The screenshot doesn't show this but can you show the section that shows where you normally hide the address so that when I show this to Google they can see you didn't select that option?

Perfect! I'll ask and see what they say.

Hey Tuck,

Looks like you work from home, is that right? The fact it's a home - not a commercial office with signage, combined with your industry, Google probably hid it assuming you don't see clients there.

Linda, have you seen that happen before? Google hiding it when the owner doesn't? Wouldn't it still update the dashboard in that case to show it as an SAB? I am asking Marissa if it's a bug.

Linda, have you seen that happen before? Google hiding it when the owner doesn't?

I believe I've seen reports in the past.

Wouldn't it still update the dashboard in that case to show it as an SAB?

I would think if someone at G took it off maps, they would do it by changing to SAB. Hopefully it's a bug, but we know how Google can be with home businesses. Thanks for checking with Google. Keep us posted.

Linda, we are not a home-based business. Our building is in an old house that has been modified into office space. We do have signage out front and we've even posted a photo of it on our G+ page.

One more note...as of the last time the GoogleCar came down our street, we were not in this space. It was still a rental property at that time. We moved into this building in 2012.

Sorry I just looked at the 1st streetview pic that came up in maps - the main one that's featured. That one, just looks like a house. Wonder if that's what a mapper or Googler did too - just saw the 1st pic? But again, could be a bug.

Yes, our building is an old house. We do have signage out front as evidenced by this photo which shows if you scroll down in the list of photos.

Wondering if I just need to speak to someone at Google about this?

Let's wait til Joy reports back from Google in case it's a bug.

Just wanted to give everyone an update...

I decided to place a call to Google MyBusiness support and see if they could help any. They did confirm that someone had us as a SAB/home-based business which is why the address wasn't showing. He asked if we had signage out front and I told him yes and told him that there were photos on our GMB listing. After he saw that, he said he'd get an engineer to show the address. However, he said his Local engineer couldn't do it and the issue had to be escalated up to another engineer. He said it would likely be tomorrow before the issue was fixed and he'd call me when it was.

Hi all

I'm sure encountering the same issue about one or two month ago in the GMB Forum
Strange in the case we are here about (and this was the same in the other cases I remember)
that the MapMaker link https://mapmaker.google.com/mapmaker?gw=39&fid=0x885300cee91912a7:0xff8293e603fc529d for the business listing exist and that in case wo convert the second half of the fid parameter to a cid parameter the resulting GMaps URL http://maps.google.com/?cid=18411440842762637981
already shows the incomplete address.
This was exact the same in the case I remember having escalated last time to Google (hard to provide the escalation URL as the search feature of the GMB Forum is that poore and restricted)

Just wanted to give everyone an update...

I decided to place a call to Google MyBusiness support and see if they could help any. They did confirm that someone had us as a SAB/home-based business which is why the address wasn't showing.

So someone did hide your address assuming you were an SAB.
Interesting still that it does not show in dash.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom