More threads by Professor M

Professor M

Solutions
Reaction score
A few users this morning (me included) have noticed that the appointment link in the "Info" section of the GBP Manager is not available and it was there before (it had a link as well).

So is this a bug or is Google removing this feature in favor of 3rd party booking integration?

Is this happening to any of you?

ITg1duIIUqGVG9QWWTbJbSL49Q0rmHhBwpfHqBruBpSyZMH9mm.png

0Gv2ZHWa_kWs1l1AIJxrNnxxqn0vLPJ0eQNdACBMyQa_uTXhd8.png

Interesting. Yes, I'm seeing this as well. I went to see if you could still edit it via Suggest an Edit on Google Maps and you can only remove it (not change it). Weird that they would keep it live still in the Knowledge Panel if there is no easy way to update it.

1645013683966.jpg

Thanks Joy.

I didn't check the "Suggest an edit" before, I just checked it and I can see the same.

the plot thickens :unsure:

1645021589531.png

I noticed today on one of the profiles I manage that all the posts with a “Book” link have all been changed to the websites homepage.

We can still submit the appointment URL via API. Tried on a listing that didn't have it before and it's not populating. Looks like although we can submit it, it's not being accepted.

The appointment link is back in the Info section of the GBP Manager. Even though the field is blank and appears that Google removed the previous appointment link:

rOdhdjsF6PV8NrBiZIcHc4fi5bkU2KxePVmwXQrIyvG9QTb7U1.png

WS5qHEA9ju8qh_1jotHmWrZaXOZZA0UMRAm5C4U10zdLFgAKto.png

if we go to the public profile it shows the previous link.

xPkrLz_M4Emu8GALjgRE9QE3z18Qjb2LYNYgA9COnE3g8EQnEQ.png

_9ULVC0mPA-2-OoxAG4XKQQLYIbKBXY7pKsjErqyoxymcY5nbe.png

The "Suggest an Edit" is showing remove option only:

XhlFEMrKBu4T-LTdUzwEPo_8JMm3uELSJfOvCq9uu8DLDVp9FK.png

Also, when trying to use Google Search and click on the "Add appointment link” for profiles without it, the services dialog box appears...

WbOUtEz8VfMMbk9o1yD1F_VZPk9LVl7XVfDeFIfR0WntN7WNuG.png

fxdrOa3tXeode-Alxlokz8SxNZVdVUFgDt9UcYe9p-V7T_tslQ.png

Google probably needs to shine some light on this issue.

Client I know was using this feature still had it showing up in Search but in GMB it was blanked out.
Refilled it and saved it. No change.
Refilled it, checked the "preferred" star icon, and saved it. Now says "Under review"

(Canada)

Very strange. A profile I manage has the links there today, and all the links still appear to be showing in the knowledge panel. Client is in the carpet cleaning vertical.

gbp-backend-appointmentlink.jpg

gbp-frontend-appointmentlink.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom