More threads by Neal Resnik

Reaction score
Google emailed back saying the gbp we manage could not be recovered and that we need to create a new one. I've never heard of this happening. "We aren't sure" is their response to why this happened.

Any ideas on what took place?

Hi Neal, this happens often for a couple different reasons.

Before going down the road of creating a new listing check out this article My Google Business Profile Vanished. What Do I Do? - Sterling Sky Inc

If you have the CID number and it's only been missing for less than a month you might have a chance at recovery unless the listing was suspended and blacklisted.

@Colan Nielsen thanks for this! That link is very helpful as we've been contacted by two businesses very recently who had their GBPs disappear without notification.

Both claim there was nothing nefarious going on.

Since they weren't clients, we don't have their CIDs, but we're creatively trying to locate them. ;)

Is there a common theme of what would get a smalltown retailer a hard suspension when there's no previous history of discipline or warnings?

Thanks again.

In both these recent cases, the listings disappeared without any notice from Google. Even with hard suspensions, isn't it expected that you'd receive an email about the suspension?

Or is it possible that their agency had an account suspension that wiped out some listings with no warning to other users on the listings?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom