More threads by Hannah Brown

Hannah Brown

Reaction score
Some of our clients are seeing an increase in GBP ownership requests that appear to be spam.

1. Google says when you request ownership that the "current owner" has 3-5 days to respond. If a company is getting an influx of ownership requests and they miss one, do they run the risk of Google automatically transferring ownership due to a lack of response to one? Even if we're active monthly in the account.

2. Is there a way to combat the spam ownership requests other than consistently "denying" the request?

1. Yes, but now new users are locked in for 7 days, so they cannot remove another user for the first seven days.
2. No.

Solution
Hi,
I've seen 7 ownership requests to the same account in the past 30 days. The first few were all from the same name and email and then it was quiet and then a renewed round, 1 request per day in early April, new name and email. In all the cases, we've rejected the requests, but it's unnerving and I didn't know if there is anything else to do? I haven't seen this before and then the frequency of the requests makes me worry that we might miss a request and lose control of the account.

Talk me off the ledge.
Leland

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom