More threads by LisaB

LisaB

Reaction score
Client has two business listings in their account. One was recently verified with their new address, so that one is fine. The second office is now closed.

The second listing which is showing in Maps, had a different address, but someone changed it to the new address (duplicate) so now it's pending verification. But the listing is also marked as Permanently Closed.

Google Support says to just delete it from the account, but I'm wondering if I should 1. Verify the new duplicate address first, then mark as duplicate or 2. Change the address back to the listing that shows in Maps, and then mark as Permanently Closed before deleting it from the account. (I've asked support these questions, but they didn't address them.)

I'm hoping someone can confirm the correct steps to take.

Hi Lisa,

If the live version of the old listing is marked closed, at the old address, I would just remove the "pending verification" listing from the dashboard.

Hi Lisa,

If the live version of the old listing is marked closed, at the old address, I would just remove the "pending verification" listing from the dashboard.
Thank you, Colan. To clarify, the live version of the second location I want removed that's showing in Maps, is ONLY marked as closed within the GBP dashboard.

(It's 'pending verification' because the address was changed to the new correct address of the business--which will make it a duplicate, if it gets verified.)

What do you suggest in this situation?

Can you share the URL's of the listings so I can look into it more? You can DM them to me if that's better for you.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom