More threads by Larry Linson

Reaction score
I previously had a brick and mortar business location and consistent good 3-pack placement for my city. I lost my lease in the pandemic and started working from home. I do NOT see clients at home, nor do I want my home address public. I changed my address on GBP to home address, and elected to hide it. Good 3-pack showing continued until it didn't and 3 weeks ago Google suspended my GBP. I had some 60high quality reviews which of course are now gone.

Google of course won't deign to tell me why I was suspended. I suspect it has something to do with address: there are many directory listings for my business on the internet with my old address. I just have a myriad of questions:

There is no reason a SAB cannot have a GBP, right?
If I am restored do I get my reviews back?
What would be an efficient way to handle the directory listing address problem? For example, I note many will simply not let you forgo or hide an address. In that case, is it better to simply delete the directory listing?
Is there a way even now as a suspended GBP I can recover the reviews and copy and paste to my website?

There is no reason a SAB cannot have a GBP, right?
If I am restored do I get my reviews back?
What would be an efficient way to handle the directory listing address problem? For example, I note many will simply not let you forgo or hide an address. In that case, is it better to simply delete the directory listing?
Is there a way even now as a suspended GBP I can recover the reviews and copy and paste to my website?
1. There are some SAB guidelines, yes. But a home based business is fine.
2. Yes, reviews should come back. There might be a delay though.
3. I would just update the ones you can. @whitespark has a list of sites that you can hide your address on
4. You'll need to get the listing reinstated before you can access the reviews

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

Brightlocal - Local SEO for Good

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom