More threads by Sarah FBM

Reaction score
Since both of these have been lacking in help for quite some time, I have stopped trying altogether. But I have clients, man. And they want answers. And they Google their phone number and "Why is this listing showing up with my old address! What am I even paying you for?!"

I have noticed GetFave seems to have gotten WORSE. I can't even search for duplicates for notation purposes because the map can't find any cities I look for - and these are places like Miami, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, not tiny one horse towns.

So... Is there ANY valid way to get in touch with anyone at either of these sites? I got a dude with 17 Merchant Circle duplicates who doesn't understand why I can't just make them disappear and he is... annoying. And I'm probably going to have to throw my computer out the window soon.

I know about Yext, Brightlocal, etc. With most of my clients, I have to do everything manually so those aren't options.

For the most part I just tack an irate note along with the URL to the problem listing, then move on with my day. But some people don't understand "unresponsive" and "dysfunctional" and "garbage site" so I have to at least look like I try :cool:

I already had those 2 addresses for Merchant Circle noted, along with an random gmail one which really Merchant Circle? Nobody has replied in about 2 years.

@Sarah FBM try toplevelsupport@merchantcircle.com or support@merchantcircle.com

Not that I'd bother. Those directories and many like them have assumed room temperature.

Yeah, there's no way I know of to get in touch with MC. But everything should be functional there in terms of being able to claim listings, add listings, etc. Are the dupes you mentioned claimable? If so, you can claim them and delete them. If they're not claimable, there's hope for that too. The listing is more than likely attached to an email that the owner knows. He probably has multiple emails. Ask him for all them that he knows and run them through forgot password. 99/100 that will work.

As far as Getfave, I think they were hit with the API issue with Google Maps that a bunch of other tools got hit with as well but not exactly sure. At any rate, I was told they are back up as of yesterday. Have you tried since then?

All of my experience with Merchant Circle was 1 listing per email address, and I don't have an endless supply of email addresses to use to claim all the duplicates. I haven't had issues with claiming, updating, etc. Just trying to get rid of dupes and no means of communication for 2 years now. If multiple listings are claimable by one account, that is news to me.

I have had issues with GetFave finding locations for the better part of a year as well, it is not a recent thing. And nobody there has replied to emails sent in the 5 years I've been doing this :/

Yeah, there's no way I know of to get in touch with MC. But everything should be functional there in terms of being able to claim listings, add listings, etc. Are the dupes you mentioned claimable? If so, you can claim them and delete them. If they're not claimable, there's hope for that too. The listing is more than likely attached to an email that the owner knows. He probably has multiple emails. Ask him for all them that he knows and run them through forgot password. 99/100 that will work.

As far as Getfave, I think they were hit with the API issue with Google Maps that a bunch of other tools got hit with as well but not exactly sure. At any rate, I was told they are back up as of yesterday. Have you tried since then?

All of my experience with Merchant Circle was 1 listing per email address, and I don't have an endless supply of email addresses to use to claim all the duplicates. I haven't had issues with claiming, updating, etc. Just trying to get rid of dupes and no means of communication for 2 years now. If multiple listings are claimable by one account, that is news to me.

I have had issues with GetFave finding locations for the better part of a year as well, it is not a recent thing. And nobody there has replied to emails sent in the 5 years I've been doing this :/

Gotcha. With MC, that is correct. But you can use a period in your email to create extra emails. It works for gmail and I imagine it does for other services as well. For example:

mycitationemail@gmail.com
my.citationemail@gmail.com
mycitation.email@gmail.com
m.ycitationemail@gmail.com
myc.itationemail@gmail.com

etc.

Email sent to any of these addresses will still show up at mycitationemail@gmail.com. But it looks different to MC (and a number of other directories as well).

I know it's cumbersome but that is one way around it.

That is actually a brilliant idea.

Gotcha. With MC, that is correct. But you can use a period in your email to create extra emails. It works for gmail and I imagine it does for other services as well. For example:

etc.

Email sent to any of these addresses will still show up at mycitationemail@gmail.com. But it looks different to MC (and a number of other directories as well).

I just wanted to say, I am having so much fun doing this. It's so satisfying to see all those previously unattainable duplicates now turned into gibberish!

etc.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom