More threads by Augenlaser-Ratgeber

Reaction score
Good evening everyone,

Thank you for the opportunity to ask my question directly to the Google My Business experts.

Initial situation
We operate an eye laser comparison in the larger cities in Germany such as eye lasers in Frankfurt am Main, eye lasers in Cologne or in Berlin. We are still working in the background on the revision of the eye laser comparison, but soon it will be available with a large number of doctors findable.
Doctors who belonged to well-known eye laser centers, but also doctors who do not even have their own website.

Question
Is there a possibility for the city-related subpages in the eye laser comparison within Google My Business to get a listing to make the experts and doctors behind them visible?

I am looking forward to your answer.

Greetings from Stuttgart,
Andreas from augenlaser-ratgeber.net

@Augenlaser-Ratgeber, if I understand the question correctly: yes, individual doctors can have GMB pages for the offices they practice in.

Those GMB pages can (and usually should) use use "bio"/"about" pages on the website as their landing page URLs.

Then you can optimize those doctors' bio pages for "Eye Doctor in [city] Dr. Max Mustermann" (for example). The optimization of that landing page will help in the organic results, and will help drag the doctor into the Google Maps 3-pack for certain terms.

@Augenlaser-Ratgeber, my pleasure. Not sure I know what "comparison" means in this case. (As in "eye laser comparison," "doctor comparison," etc.) In the context you used it, I understood that to refer to a "doctor's medical practice." So, again, it's possible I just misunderstood the question.

In any event, GMB guidelines allow individual doctors/practitioners to have their own GMB pages, in addition to the main one for the main practice. That is pretty standard, and in-line with Google's policies.

comparison is in my point of view a weak translation of that service. As i understand it is a plattform with several individual doctors that are presented. If so, they dont represent themselves but in that plattform. We have similar offerings in switzerland.
There is the official one from the doctors organisation FMH for example
and there are others where the doctors pay a fee like
this one here is specific for eyedoctors
Therefore i think it could violate the rules.

@Bernhard, I see. Thanks.

In that case, I would say that the only possible overlap between the comparison/directory and GMB is that certain doctors can create a GMB page that points to their listing on Augen lasern lassen ▷ Augenlaser-Ratgeber.net as the GMB "website" field URL. (Even though technically that is not 100% compliant with Google's policies.)

But can the comparison/directory create GMB pages for itself, for individual directory-search-results pages like Augenlasern in Köln ▷ Jetzt vergleichen! No.

@Bernhard, I see. Thanks.

In that case, I would say that the only possible overlap between the comparison/directory and GMB is that certain doctors can create a GMB page that points to their listing on Augen lasern lassen ▷ Augenlaser-Ratgeber.net as the GMB "website" field URL. (Even though technically that is not 100% compliant with Google's policies.)

But can the comparison/directory create GMB pages for itself, for individual directory-search-results pages like Augenlasern in Köln ▷ Jetzt vergleichen! No.
Right that was also my idea. The creators of the platform could offer a special service to their clients who pay, lets say, a higher price. Then they could create/optimize their customers GMB-Account and as i saw, they create little onepagers. So they could point to those. Could even be an interesting business model for them.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom