More threads by virens

virens

Reaction score
Has anyone got any good/bad experience integrating chatbots into GMB/GBP customer chat? We're setting one up at the moment as a bit of a trial.

It seems like Google has been starting to push the idea more recently, and it feels like it could be a really powerful SERP use case. There are some cool new features - feels like a really good fit for enterprises, multi-location, and e-commerce in particular?

Hey Tom- We have Google Business Messages integrated into our shared messaging inbox with SMS and FB Messenger, we haven't connected any chat bots though. We've found based on volume and context that it's best to have a live agent answer the chats. But I can see why a large brand might go that route. I'll be interested to hear your experience as the core integration itself was a bit tricky for us. Keep us updated! Thanks.

Hey Tom- We have Google Business Messages integrated into our shared messaging inbox with SMS and FB Messenger, we haven't connected any chat bots though. We've found based on volume and context that it's best to have a live agent answer the chats. But I can see why a large brand might go that route. I'll be interested to hear your experience as the core integration itself was a bit tricky for us. Keep us updated! Thanks.

Thanks, Aaron. I'll keep you posted!

Howdy @virens I'll piggy back on what @AaronWeiche mentioned I would avoid "Chat Bots" with GMB Messages since everyone that chats via GMB Messages gets a survey and that Google has indicated that they survey results will play a role in rankings.

One more point I'll add to what virens said is you also only want to turn GMB Messages on if you either have a team in place to answer every message fast (Sub 20 Seconds response time) or have someone answer them for you (cough cough Juvo Leads). Same reason as before. If someone sends you a message and YOU DON'T respond right away (Not within minutes but within seconds) then they could get frustrated and leave you a negative survey (CSAT = Customer Satisfaction Survey). Also time to chat reply is also a metric google measures (MRR = Merchant Response Rate). The longer it takes to answer the worse it is for your MRR.

Google is currently on using GMB Messages for Branded Searches so not a ton of volume from what we're seeing to be honest. BUT If/When google rolls these out for local search, GAds (in beta) and Local Services Ads then you'll see a huge jump in use.

Just to give you an idea for numbers - for clients that we answer website chats for it's about 12/1 meaning for every 12 website leads we capture for a client we capture 1 for GMB Messages. We skew to high value lead capture though (law/medicine/home services/retirement).

Maybe your vertical will get more - just providing some data - cheers :)

Hi @virens,
I am also testing this solution. It seems to have great potential, especially since agents can be connected in various places (web, fb, GMB).
I haven't decided yet whether we will go towards the chatbot or the employee.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom