More threads by rayrober

rayrober

Reaction score
We a large franchisor with 400+ verified UK locations on GMB. My question concerns Messaging. Despite turning this on for a number of our locations in the GMB Dashboard nothing happens i.e. the Messaging button never appears on the related Knowledge Panel on either desktop or mobile. Am I missing something?

We a large franchisor with 400+ verified UK locations on GMB. My question concerns Messaging. Despite turning this on for a number of our locations in the GMB Dashboard nothing happens i.e. the Messaging button never appears on the related Knowledge Panel on either desktop or mobile. Am I missing something?
Hey Ray, Can you share one of the locations and I can take a look?

@rayrober I imagine you got this issue sorted by now. I just saw it! But I'll respond anyway...

(Note: Guys, I'm trying to get forum leadership to create a "GMB messaging" category and appreciate any upvotes )

Anyway, here is the current status of GMB messaging (which I work on extensively):
- It takes up to a few hours for messaging CTAs--now "Chat"--to appear on various entry points from the time the feature is enabled
- There are currently *many* more entry points on Android devices than on desktop/iOS -- we know this will change in time, but on Google's time
- For sanity, check the maps listing in any GMaps app on any mobile OS--it always seems to show there first
- To activate/control a large number of locations, you probably want to create one or more "agents" with GMB messaging

I don't want to drone on. You can DM me or explore the docs on that last point. Good luck!

Jon

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom