More threads by Tony Wang

Solutions
Reaction score
Anyone know if small changes are still triggering suspensions? I've been afraid to update anything the last few weeks after hearing all the complaints, don't want to risk a suspension.

I'm talking about changing only one thing at at time. Like adding a call-tracking #. Or adding utm parameters to the url.

And it sounds like getting reinstated is still a pain, or may take longer than normal?

I get the sense that the suspensions are happening less over the last week or so. I would definitely assume that the sensitivity to edits is still being applied to the super spammy categories.

@BenFisher can likely shed some additional light.

Reinstatements are taking less than 24 hours currently. That's as long as you have all of your ducks in a row and supply all of the necessary documents. I am still seeing listings getting suspended for edits to name, address, phone, website, and the category. It's all contingent on the category if it will trigger a suspension, a re-verification, or publish the edit. I am seeing an uptick in listings getting reinstated and needing a pin verification too. I am seeing both phone and the dreaded postcard.

Account wide suspensions have been more common over the last week. Sensitive edits in duress categories give you a higher percentage of suspension. Reinstates are still at 24 hours, no change there. Make sure you submit with the right info on a request however, otherwise you will see a delay. Additionally, the reasons for suspensions seem to have gotten a bit broader and I am seeing storefronts get denied quick. -- Like I am working on a whole mall that got suspended.

I see that somebody posted on the GMB forum and provided a lot more information as to why this listing was suspended. You need to apply for reinstatement and provide the team with all of your documents once you fix the name.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom