More threads by garrettkite

garrettkite

Reaction score
We're working with a franchise company that has 80 GBP listings, one for each franchise location across the United States. All legitimate listings with business documentation to prove it. When we brought them on as a client about a year ago, 75% of the listings were suspended, and we had the task of getting them all reinstated, which we were eventually able to do. We've gone about a year with relative stability, the occasional individual listing suspension here and there but nothing widespread. Now, over the last week, listings within the account - all of the listings we manage are connected to the same Google Workspace account that manages only these listings from this franchise - as well as others from the same franchise that aren't connected to our account are getting hit with suspensions in waves, about 5 or so at a time. It started with listings that we don't manage/aren't connected to our account and then our account started getting hit within a couple of days. About 25% of the listings in the account are now suspended - so it doesn't seem to be an account-wide suspension - just a handful of listings at a time getting suspended while others remain verified. We've been able to get quite a few reinstated during this time frame, but it seems like for each one that gets reinstated we're getting a suspension notice for another.

Has anyone seen anything like this where a few listings get suspended at a time, but it's happening consistently each day? At this point I expect to wake up each morning to 4-5 new suspension notifications.
Also, many of the Google support responses are coming in stating that the "Business Profile is not eligible to display on Google per our quality guidelines," despite listings that are fully compliant with the guidelines and submitting appropriate documentation.

Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Google does suspend in waves and targets categories in sweeps. It could be user edits too. It’s hard to say without knowing the business or category.

Good to know. The category is dumpster rentals. We've stopped touching the listings and aren't making any edits on our end; when you say user edits do you mean from others, potentially competitors, suggesting edits to the listings?

Good to know. The category is dumpster rentals. We've stopped touching the listings and aren't making any edits on our end; when you say user edits do you mean from others, potentially competitors, suggesting edits to the listings?

That vertical gets hit a lot by Google. Thanks to how poorly Google uses AI to combat spam and abuse, Google constantly suspends legitimate business profiles.

I've seen quite a few suspensions in that vertical in the last few weeks as well. Garage door repair is similar.

We're working with a franchise company that has 80 GBP listings, one for each franchise location across the United States. All legitimate listings with business documentation to prove it. When we brought them on as a client about a year ago, 75% of the listings were suspended, and we had the task of getting them all reinstated, which we were eventually able to do. We've gone about a year with relative stability, the occasional individual listing suspension here and there but nothing widespread. Now, over the last week, listings within the account - all of the listings we manage are connected to the same Google Workspace account that manages only these listings from this franchise - as well as others from the same franchise that aren't connected to our account are getting hit with suspensions in waves, about 5 or so at a time. It started with listings that we don't manage/aren't connected to our account and then our account started getting hit within a couple of days. About 25% of the listings in the account are now suspended - so it doesn't seem to be an account-wide suspension - just a handful of listings at a time getting suspended while others remain verified. We've been able to get quite a few reinstated during this time frame, but it seems like for each one that gets reinstated we're getting a suspension notice for another.

Has anyone seen anything like this where a few listings get suspended at a time, but it's happening consistently each day? At this point I expect to wake up each morning to 4-5 new suspension notifications.
Also, many of the Google support responses are coming in stating that the "Business Profile is not eligible to display on Google per our quality guidelines," despite listings that are fully compliant with the guidelines and submitting appropriate documentation.

Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated!

I'm getting the same thing. 4 were suspended at once 2 weeks ago and I'm still fighting them to get back on.

If your account got suspended you would likely need a new account before the listings can get reinstated.

If your account got suspended you would likely need a new account before the listings can get reinstated.

I did created a new gmail account and tried to send invite to new gmail but when i open new gmail to accept invitation i get this error.

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 7.58.10 PM.jpg

Got hit this night with 4 of 4 locations from a client - fiber internet - suspended. Very weird. Let's see what happens next after the reinstantement request.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom