More threads by Will_GMBEverywhere

Solutions
Reaction score
Is there a Google API which can be used to get the category of a GBP? I did search Google Places and could not find it. So was wondering if there are any?

I know there's the Places API, but reading their info on the page it doesn't appear to be returning the category information - Places Library | Maps JavaScript API | Google Developers

It allows a query by category, but that's the only mention.

May need to do a query against the API, return a full dump and then see if it can be parsed. I haven't dug into this section of things yet.

GMBSpy, like GMB Everywhere (and similar), mean you have to load each Place and then it shows the details that you can copy and paste.

GMB Crush was another that I looked at, but the most recent Google Maps update breaks their Chrome Extension. Once it's fixed, however, you can do a single search for a category "pest control" and then with the 20 places that load on the map click "Crush" and it will export the info of all 20 into a CSV file. Like I said, right now it's broken due to the maps update on 4/1.

These are Chrome Extensions and not API requests.

GMBSpy, like GMB Everywhere (and similar), mean you have to load each Place and then it shows the details that you can copy and paste.

GMB Crush was another that I looked at, but the most recent Google Maps update breaks their Chrome Extension. Once it's fixed, however, you can do a single search for a category "pest control" and then with the 20 places that load on the map click "Crush" and it will export the info of all 20 into a CSV file. Like I said, right now it's broken due to the maps update on 4/1.

These are Chrome Extensions and not API requests.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for @Conor Treacy but the new GMBspy 2.0 allows you to harvest all 10 categories for top 20 GBPs for any search query. Use the Local Pack Tab, then download CSV of top 20.

Yeah, that's still a Chrome Extension and not an actual API call.
Nice to hear GMBspy 2.0 has implemented an export too. That's one thing I did like in GMB Crush.

I was looking for something that I can integrate via a scripting language directly.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom