More threads by Jeffab$5

Jeffab$5

Reaction score
Hello team,

I am a tax preparer. This is a critical time for me to service clients remotely due to this current pandemic. I need clients to know that I can file their taxes without them leaving their home, anywhere in the United States.

However, my business listing is not showing up in search, even when I type the actual business name in the search bar. (Affordable Insurance and Tax Solutions). Another business shows up, even though my account is not suspended and is verified.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeffrey Blackwell

Jeffrey - I think I see what you're seeing - I'm seeing a knowledge panel which is different from a GMB map listing. Google explains it here - About knowledge panels - Knowledge Panel Help and at the bottom they even acknowledge that they look similar to GMB local listings.

If I go to Google maps and look for your business name - I see your listing - Affordable Insurance and Tax Solutions

I think you may need do some more work so that Google knows more about your business. Also, I understand why you would not put in a location address - tax work falls into a YMYL *your money or your life* niche and you might find some helpful information here. What are EAT and YMYL: New Google Search Guidelines Acronyms

Jeffrey - I think I see what you're seeing - I'm seeing a knowledge panel which is different from a GMB map listing. Google explains it here - About knowledge panels - Knowledge Panel Help and at the bottom they even acknowledge that they look similar to GMB local listings.

If I go to Google maps and look for your business name - I see your listing - Affordable Insurance and Tax Solutions

I think you may need do some more work so that Google knows more about your business. Also, I understand why you would not put in a location address - tax work falls into a YMYL *your money or your life* niche and you might find some helpful information here. What are EAT and YMYL: New Google Search Guidelines Acronyms
Thank you for the help. My listing was fine two weeks ago, then after I created a post, it all changed.

When you say I may need to do some work so Google knows my business, what work do I need to do.

Jeffrey - honestly, your listing is fine. I'd keep posting updates - not rapid fire like every 8 hours - I'd go for 3 - 4 days between them. We've seen tests that show us that Google does A/B testing on listings - as a colleague once told me - we don't own our rankings, we "rent" them. And rent here is the blood, sweat and tears of learning what to do and then implementing and then learning some more.

There are ways to "communicate" with Google - the content and information on your website, the mentions of your business off your website (think citations, press releases) and how people search for your business. Essentially this is the heart of seo - search engine optimization.

So that's the work you will need to do or hire someone to do on your behalf who knows what they are doing. It depends on what you really want to do - tax work or learn seo and figure out best way to implement in addition to tax work.

@Jeffab$5 I'm seeing it. Can you clarify what zip code you are searching from?

1584730285089.png

This was taken from 91406

It does seem to be showing up today. I don't know what happened. Maybe there was a glitch. I deleted one of my posts yesterday. Not sure if that did anything.

Thanks for everyone's help

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom