klharris08

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello SEO World,

Has anybody run into this problem where we spend lots of time to manually put in service menu items and then most of it gets deleted. Image attached. Notice the notification at the top calling out that services were removed. In the image shown, I have the option to accept or deny, for my other services they were just auto-removed. We had added things like "checking account" and "savings account" to the Bank primary category.

Thanks,

2021-01-13_14-59-06.png

Eoghan_MFeed

Reaction score
Hmmm on individual branch pages or just your website overall?

- Could be competitor spam

- Could be getting thrown off if you don't list those services on other high authority directories (Yelp) in the data aggregator feeds (Google licenses Data Axle, Neustar)

Definitely something to stay on top of as we've seen services field impact conversion rates on our clients listings.

Eoghan_MFeed

Reaction score
A suggestion I'd make after clicking around your website a bit is updating your branch/ATM/office locator to be more structured in the information it's sharing. As a user I found it very confusing to use and to find information about specific branches and that's likely hurting Googlebot's crawling of your location information too. If that isn't easy to find by Google, it's a missed opportunity in increasing the confidence they have in the data you send to them via GMB (and ranking).

For accuracy and rank purposes, Google listing management is best tackled when an ecosystem-like approach is taken. Feed them direct with actively managed data, make sure your site represents same for each location and cover yourself as best you can in their other authoritative data sources (that also have decent traffic opportunities themselves like Yelp).

PS. Don't know if this applies to services suggestions but worth trying to mass reject Google updates in the GMB platform under 'Manage Locations' and then click on the right of your location list to take bulk actions.
Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 2.18.36 PM.png

Reaction score
Hello SEO World,

Has anybody run into this problem where we spend lots of time to manually put in service menu items and then most of it gets deleted. Image attached. Notice the notification at the top calling out that services were removed. In the image shown, I have the option to accept or deny, for my other services they were just auto-removed. We had added things like "checking account" and "savings account" to the Bank primary category.

Thanks,

2021-01-13_14-59-06.png
Hi, have you sorted this out? I have exactly the same issue with a couple of listings. Would love to hear what you've been doing to get this straight. thx

klharris08

Solutions
Reaction score
I have not sorted this out but as a "potential" fix I'm building out a way to auto-submit the services constantly through the GMB API and then I'll check to see if submitting them via API makes them stick. It'll be a while before I can test this but I'll report back when I do.

karendauncey

Reaction score
I am having this issue as well with a client with multiple locations. I'm sure it's not manual as this client has lots of locations and it is inconsistent changes between different profiles.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Finding Google User Google My Business & Google Maps 2
A Form to Report Google Users for Spam? Local Search 3
M Multiple reviews changed to “A Google User” Help & Support for Google Local 2
JoyHawkins Google Maps Allows Users to Report Spammy Users Google News: Important Changes & Features 16
ashley.smith Does Google My Business prioritize reviews from Local Guides over other users? Local Reviews 7
Nathan_NZ Adding New Users in Google Search Console - Help Needed Organic SEO 2
Ryan Steinolfson Review name is showing up as "A Google User" Local Reviews 10
Dan Foland Has anyone else experienced low quality user experiences in Google search results lately? Organic SEO 2
H Google Analytics first column in reports now USERS not SESSSIONS Local Search 0
Linda Buquet New Google LOCAL Patent - User Queries to Discover New Businesses Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Eric Rohrback Google Maps App now lets users add Missing Businesses Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet A Visual Guide to Google My Business for Multi User Management - Mike Blumenthal Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet Google Local Bulk Users get Social & Multi-Admin Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet Google Removing Reviews from "A Zagat User" Could Affect Review Counts Local Reviews 2
Local Search News Curator Google Looks to Keep Local Users at Google.com With Two Interface Updates Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Kel Uploading Photos as a Google User Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Nick.SEOSpark Why is the review showing "by a Google User" when the person has a Google+ Profile Local Reviews 8
L Dr. Dupes and Google+ Local User Edits Google Duplicates & Merges 17
Linda Buquet Dr. Dupes and Google+ Local User Edits Google Duplicates & Merges 17
C Can you have a 2nd user/admin for google local? Help & Support for Google Local 15
djbaxter Google Chrome Users Forum Tech Support 0
DangGood Missing Google Guaranteed Badge on Mobile only for one Category Paid Search and Local Service Ads 4
C Google removing SAB's with no communication Service Area Businesses 3
M Google Maps Rankings are not Stable Google My Business & Google Maps 6
stankolev What is the maximum number of categories single Google My Business listing can have? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
Chris Ratchford Google Ads- Local Pack- one GMB location only? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Don Archer Google business listing with 482 Real Review Missing. How do I get them back? Help & Support for Google Local 5
Nikki Stine Are negative Google reviews due to supply shortages considered 'off-topic'? Local Reviews 2
Jeffrey Taylor Adding a new category to Google my Business Google My Business & Google Maps 4
david.victor Attribute used as Category by Google on Maps NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 10
M Google Search Console Errors "Coverage and Breadcrumbs"? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Lachlan_Wells Accept/Discard Google Updates - Does this feature work for you? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
E "Duplicate" Profile That Google Claims We Already Manage? Google Duplicates & Merges 5
T Can a Credit Union Create Google Posts Without Falling Under Prohibited Content? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
djbaxter Google My Business Bug Dropping SAB Businesses In Independence, Kansas Service Area Businesses 1
JamesGreenaway Google Insights query Google My Business & Google Maps 1
RobertCarnitas Google Posts Live on GMB, But Not Showing in GMB Dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 1
rickvidallon How Do You Access The Buttons In Google My Business For Online Services? Local Search 4
NexstarNickR Google Star Rating: LSA vs. GMB All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
Phil Rozek Google Maps reviews get "New" label for reviews less than 1 month old Local Reviews 5
JoyHawkins Get Live Inventory Displayed on Your Google My Business Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 9
JoyHawkins Google Testing 2-Packs on Mobile Google News: Important Changes & Features 4
Paul Gregory Google Maps default location bias distance and the Google Maps Places API Google Algorithm Discussions 2
Chris Ratchford Google Analytics - setting up goals for click-to-call Organic SEO 2
L Google ranking in Legal Field Organic SEO 1
Cherie Dickey Something funny going on in Google Maps... am I missing something? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
hajnasiewicz Google Marketing Kit: Create Video Local Content 3
S Google LSA Lead Board - How to manage? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
krystaltaing Google My Business Bulk Verification Limit Reached? Multi-Location Issues 0
K Unable to get verified in Google for SAB Local Search 14