More threads by BrianSEOGuy24

BrianSEOGuy24

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I would appreciate any feedback or guidance on this. We manage several GMB listings where we have entered a phone number for the business, but Google immediately keeps trying to change it to an incorrect one. We have contacted Google Support, but they were no help, and we have tried leaving the incorrect phone number on there for a few weeks, thinking that may help Google's data center before attempting to change the phone number back to the correct one, but that didn't work either.

We are at a loss. Any help is appreciated.

Do you subscribe to Yext or another citation management platform? Those can sometimes force through updates. Also, check your NAP consistency to see if that number might be listed in multiple places out there.

We do have a Yext subscription for all the instances we are experiencing it, but Yext has had the correct phone number since the beginning when we set up the GBP synchronize feature. So that is not the issue.

I have coined a new phrase, "Google Knows Best." as Google keeps thinking that they know better the business owners and SEO companies managing the business profile. You need to contact support to get it fixed.

I have coined a new phrase, "Google Knows Best." as Google keeps thinking that they know better the business owners and SEO companies managing the business profile. You need to contact support to get it fixed.

Thanks for the recommendation. In my experience, GBP Support is pretty unhelpful with situations like this, but I'll give it another shot. I'm out of ideas on what else to do.

Thanks for the recommendation. In my experience, GBP Support is pretty unhelpful with situations like this, but I'll give it another shot. I'm out of ideas on what else to do.

I had several back-and-forths with support as they keep adding the wrong number. They told me to reject the pending update. I sent them several screenshots showing how the issue is on their end and that they needed an engineer to fix it. 2 weeks later the issue was finally resolved.

I had several back-and-forths with support as they keep adding the wrong number. They told me to reject the pending update. I sent them several screenshots showing how the issue is on their end and that they needed an engineer to fix it. 2 weeks later the issue was finally resolved.

Thank you for the info. I will try that.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom