More threads by Linda Buquet

Yes BUT. why should we loose any Legitimate reviews, I wouldn't mind loosing negative reviews. No - Those stay with you forever.

I shouldn't have lost any reviews. this is wrong !

I may get one out of 200 customers to write a review.

Dan

I agree 100% Dan. Again, sooo many are complaining of this, maybe (hopefully) there is still a problem to be resolved. Or, sadly, it could be the result of Google's filters just taking them down.

Here is my post on Google Forums.

As I mentioned in that link, it would be very helpful if Google showed you the ones they filtered and you could dispute their decision.

FYI - I printed (to PDF) all my reviews and will continue to do so. IF I loose more, I'll be able to see which one(s).

Yes it seems like there may have been some reviews lost during the update. I'm seeing more complaints than usual. It's possible it's temporary and they'll come back Dan.

I'm also glad you stopped getting reviews at your location. It's a violation.

Great attitude and strategies Julian! Keep copying reviews as back up. If the missing ones don't come back, then you could put on a testimonials page on your site so they can still do you some good from a pt perspective. But be sure not to copy any live Google reviews to your site.

Love the discussion in this thread! I'm writing an article for a dental practice management newsletter about the new Google Reviews product.

Is there any new information about this product being added to listings where the business owner has already merged their Places listing w/ their Google+ Business page?

google-plus-dashboard.png

Chris - the new Reviews products is only available through the New Places Dashboard, not the G+ dashboard.

Even when the Places account is upgraded, it will still not be available as a feature in G+.

@keenan, thanks for the clarification! So if the business owner merged their Google Local listing w/ a Biz page, they're SOL? Would they have to start over and reclaim their listing through the Places dashboard?

@keenan, thanks for the clarification! So if the business owner merged their Google Local listing w/ a Biz page, they're SOL? Would they have to start over and reclaim their listing through the Places dashboard?

I wouldn't say they are SOL. Accounts that merged their G+ page may just take some additional time before they are upgraded.

I wouldn't worry about it. The new features available in the Review product are not earth shattering.

Appreciate the heads-up Linda! I shared your G+ post too. I'm jazzed that Jade says businesses can "encourage" their customers to do reviews. Way better than Yelp!

I've seen a lot of talk that suggest people used to think Google did not want you asking for reviews but I don't think that's ever been the case.

Just found another Google page that says "Encourage customers to review your business by clicking Write a review on the local listing."

Optimize your listing to help users find your business

Yeah, I think people just took the Yelp mantra of "don't ask for reviews" and applied to Google+ as well. Google has always wanted business owners to encourage reviews. The more reviews Google can get the better. They're trying to compete with Yelp.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom