More threads by omer

omer

Reaction score
So we tried to join the Google Local Services in Charlotte for our garage door company.
Everything seems to be fine, we delivered all the necessary documents we pass the background check and we have done the video interview.

But guess what? They didn't approve us.
So we appeal to google and done all the process again with new video interview and we were sure that everything is fine but then we receive this message from google:

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
We have re-reviewed your case carefully and upon further review we continue to conclude that your business Tip Top Garage Doors, LLC is in violation of our policies. We now consider this matter closed, without the opportunity to re-open. [/FONT] [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Regards,
Advanced Verification Team

I don't know how we violate there polices but if we did why don't they tell us how?

Any way can someone here tell me if there is any option to solve this issue?

[/FONT]

Disclaimer: I'm the tech guy, not a local search expert, but it's the slow holiday season and I do know a thing or two about Google and SEO so I'll take a stab at pointing to some shady issues:

You have (maybe) two offices in Charlotte NC and you have separate pages for those two offices. What you probably should have is one site/page listing both locations.

map.jpg

The first two reviews on your home paqe slider look a lot like employees featured in the main home page slider, image #1, and on your about page.

reviews.jpg

You claim to have another office in Nashville TN - real office or drop-box location?

You have a whole lot of other locations listed, each with their own "Best garage door company in..." page.

doorway.jpg

Basically, your website is a poster child for location spam and doorway pages.

This isn't an exhaustive list of problems with your website or other issues which may have run you afoul of Google's guidelines but if you want to start addressing your issues, start there.

And my personal recommendation is to fire your web guy...

map.jpg

reviews.jpg

doorway.jpg

Hi djbaxter!

We decided to go with separate pages to each location based on recommendation from this forum and other reliable sources like MOZ.

The people in testimonials are real Tip Top customers. You cant imagine how hard was it to do all the testimonials process with our customers.

All of our offices are real with staff in it. We do not play games with Google.

I don't quite understand what seems to be the problem with "service areas", from my understanding its fine to do it.
We are not saying its a location its just service area. Many times customers ask if we serve a specific place so we have this information on our website and of course we also want to rank in those places.

Thank you!

All of our offices are real with staff in it. We do not play games with Google.

I don't quite understand what seems to be the problem with "service areas", from my understanding its fine to do it.

We are not saying its a location its just service area. Many times customers ask if we serve a specific place so we have this information on our website and of course we also want to rank in those places.

Good catch David!

Joy is right. Real staff means YOUR staff, not virtual office staff. I don't think most companies could afford to be paying employees to be at all those locations full time.

One location/office/home address (whichever you actually work from) is allowed BUT only one service area is allowed for service area businesses. So you are violating guidelines multiple times with all those offices.

I'm finding the same things everyone else is. Best way to go is to clean up the GMB violations you have and resubmit. I also found a home address for the business when searching on Bing (yes, I know we're talking about Gmb... I like to check bing too).

Do you have a workshop or are all drivers working out of their trucks? Which is the real address for the main office?

Ok Guys let me understand something you saying because its a regus Office it cant be used for google? Although there is Tip Top employ over there?

Here is pictures from there: 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Omer,

If both offices are staffed all day during your open business hours then they are both allowed. I always advise people not to use virtual office locations if they want a listing on Google because the majority of listings that use these addresses are not allowed and it would be easy to get lumped into that group.

There is also a duplicate listing at your other location which isn't allowed. Want me to delete it?

Google Maps

Hi Joy!

We have 4 locations with staff in it. 2 in Charlotte 1 in Raleigh and 1 in Nashville. The 1 you pointed is "Charlotte garage doors" and if you can delete it i"ll be more then happy.

Eric also mention 1 listing in Bing, I believe he is talking about this one:

https://www.bing.com/maps?&ty=18&q=Tip%20Top%20Garage%20Doors%20Charlotte%20NC&ss=ypid.YN529x401453582&ppois=35.3312797546387_-80.8022079467773_Tip%20Top%20Garage%20Doors_YN529x401453582~&cp=35.33128~-80.802208&v=2&sV=1

It seems like a roofing company, nothing related to us.

Unfortunately there's very little trust in Regus suite (and similar virtual office spaces) because of the rampant spam that has come from them. It is possible that someone in the same building (or maybe at one time the same office) was flagged for spam violations, which doesn't help your business either.

Basically, being in a regus suite means you're going to be subject to tougher reviews and more scrutiny because it's a virtual office space.

What's the benefit of virtual office spaces for your business? My uncle owns a garage door business and his "office" is out of his house. They have a real space, but they use a service area since they only visit with customers at the customer's location. What do you typically do at the virtual office spaces you're renting? I'm curious, so hopefully we can give better advice for the situation.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom