More threads by karendauncey

karendauncey

Reaction score
Someone asked me this recently and I don't know the answer and I've always wondered this too!!

You know when you're driving and using an app like Google Maps or Waze and as you're going to your destination, location markers with business names will pop up? Why does it do that for some businesses and not others? And if it doesn't have anything to do with ad spend - then what is it? Location authority?

Hi Karen,

If you are referring to the branded map pins in this article, those are paid ads - How Do You Get a Branded Google Map Pin? 5 Facts to Know - Sterling Sky Inc

If you are referring to other times that you see business names on the map, that is more to do with other factors such as prominence, search history..etc

Thanks for this, I think looking at it again, it's business categories that show up on Google Maps (like hotels, restaurants, attractions, etc) like general things that someone on a trip somewhere might be interested in. Thanks for the info re:branded pins as that is a pretty relevant solution of the business as well. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom