More threads by creekmoremarketing

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello!

I have a question about building out google my business products & posting google posts. I recently came across this article Local SEO Ranking Factors: What Affects Local Rankings? and came across the section titled "Google Business Profile Factors That Don’t Impact Rankings." Does anybody have any clarification on this and could tell me some input?

We focus heavily on keyword heavy google my business product listings due to the nature of our clients. I'd love some feedback! Thank you!

We did some testing around the ranking impact of adding Google products in 2020 and we concluded that it does not impact ranking.

We did some testing around the ranking impact of adding Google products in 2020 and we concluded that it does not impact ranking.

Thank you, Colan! I appreciate it. Do you know if there are any newer studies on this? Like 2021-2022.

Not on products specifically but I am very confident that they still do not impact ranking.

Not on products specifically but I am very confident that they still do not impact ranking.

Hey Colan, What do you make of Mike's Findings back in April? Mind you it's not entirely clear to me whether these are related to GB products or to Google Merchant Center products... (our agency deals in services rather than retail so we have very little experience there)

Those articles are specifically about the Google merchant center product feed. Those inventory feeds definitely do seem to have an impact on ranking. If Google is aware that a business has a particular product in stock through that feed then it should give them more visibility when people are searching for that product.

Our research was specific to the products that you add manually inside the Google business profile dashboard.

Our research was specific to the products that you add manually inside the Google business profile dashboard.
I understood that about your tests, but I wasn't too sure about Mike's (I was quite serious when I said we have little to no experience with products either way, plus I couldn't reproduce those types of results in Montreal). Thanks for clarifying.

Just because it doesn't impact ranking doesn't mean it isn't worth doing. Making your listing convert more via Products can still be a great tactic. So, while I wouldn't go keyword crazy with the product descriptions, writing them to help ensure the message is clear and will push somebody to convert, is really what the focus should be.

Just because it doesn't impact ranking doesn't mean it isn't worth doing. Making your listing convert more via Products can still be a great tactic. So, while I wouldn't go keyword crazy with the product descriptions, writing them to help ensure the message is clear and will push somebody to convert, is really what the focus should be.
I couldn't agree more. The last part of the article I wrote concluded with:

With all that said, we still think that GMB Products have value. This will vary by business and vertical but here are some final thoughts on how to make the most of them.
  1. Approach GMB Products as a way to enhance your branded search. Your local knowledge panel is your business card. Make it stand out.
  2. Adding GMB Products extends the length of your knowledge panel. By doing this you push down competitor listings. Google loves to surface competitor discovery on branded searches https://localu.org/2020/01/20/google-surfacing-competitor-discovery-on-branded-searches/ -> Error 404 not found.
  3. Get creative with it. Do lots of testing. What types of images have a bigger impact? Can you highlight unique selling propositions? Testimonials?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom