More threads by JoshuaMackens

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
So, I try to add a listing for a real estate agent today and something weird happened. When I went to add the listing, the "real estate agent" option isn't there. All that's there is "real estate college":

real estate example local search forum.jpg

Decided to call Google support (yikes) but when I tried my direct link to Google phone support, it was gone (gasp).

Does anyone else have a link that's still working?

real estate example local search forum.jpg

Thank you good sir. That worked for me.

Anyone else have an idea on why I couldn't see "real estate agents"?

I'm seeing the usual suspects when I start typing in Real Estate into the category field.

Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 8.38.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 8.38.37 AM.png

Still seeing this. Even tried it with my own account this time.

I left the URL in there to let you guys see if I'm at the wrong place or something wonky.

real estate example local search forum 2.jpg

real estate example local search forum 2.jpg

Hey Josh, what country are you in? Categories change by country, could be there's a bug in one that's not in another. For what it's worth, I checked too, I'm seeing all the real estate options.

Your picture's too small to see the URL, but I assume you went to https://www.google.com/business/, hit 'get started' and entered in new business info from there?

Hey Josh, what country are you in? Categories change by country, could be there's a bug in one that's not in another. For what it's worth, I checked too, I'm seeing all the real estate options.

Your picture's too small to see the URL, but I assume you went to https://www.google.com/business/, hit 'get started' and entered in new business info from there?

In the US. Yep, google.com/business/

I remember this happening to me once and the culprit was the language settings in the Google account. Double check that. I think in my case we had the language settings set to English(UK) or something like that. And once we edited it to English(US) it corrected the category problem.

tip #99 literally no one would know ever unless they stuck around here. Thanks for the share Colan, that's crazy.

There's more to this guy than just a pretty face. At least that's what Mama always tells me.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom