More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Andrew Shotland just wrote a post over at Search Engine Land that's a must read for local consultants and agencies that want to stay on the bleeding edge. I say bleeding edge not leading-edge, because the Google posts option is still a test and there's no telling if it will fully roll out or how long it will last.

Andrew does a great job pointing out who the winners and losers will be if and when this new option is available to all local businesses. But I highlighted below his thoughts about how agencies & consultants will be able to capitalize on this.

<a href="http://searchengineland.com/google-local-business-cards-going-kill-local-seo-244410">Google Posts are going to kill (at) local SEO</a>

Agencies will be the biggest beneficiaries. As we have seen with Google My Business, adoption of a service that pumps your data directly into Google?s SERPs is actually easy for a huge number of businesses to ignore and is driving huge growth in the Local SEO services industry. But now, imagine an agency can guarantee presence in the SERPs, and that presence benefits from regular updating and optimization. I see nothing but green field for local marketers big and small alike.

Above is just a snippet, so head over to read the rest.

And if nothing else check out the top images. Andrew you crack me up!

What do you guys think out the Google Posts option???

<meta property="og:type" content="article"/><meta property="og:title" content=""/><meta property="og:description" content=""/>
<meta property="og:image" content=""/>

Google Posts are going to kill (at) local SEO
Columnist Andrew Shotland discusses the impact Google Local Business Cards may have on local businesses and local SEO. Will they help, or will they hurt?

Linda, this could be a real game changer for local businesses. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds over the next few months in search results.

What I'm really interested in, is where is Google going with this and how far will they take it?

I understand that if a company actually has an address in that city/region, it's a big plus. But what about people that are located in a town/city next to that one, but do have a lot of clients in that city they are targeting. Google will not publish them, as they will take the local addressed business first?

I am curious to know what businesses' content shows up, what if it's a competitive niche like dui attorney dallas, you could be scrolling for days if everyone has card posts.

I assume there will only be one that gets that much real estate.

Maybe whoever ranks #1 will get it, or maybe it will be paid placement.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom