More threads by Niki

Niki

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi, anyone else notice that Google posts are not being updated on Google business websites?

The last posts featured on Google websites seem to be up to the end of November.

This is a really useful feature for clients that use it, but then has the opposite effect if posts stop being updated and frozen up to November.

Any info about this? I was not able to find any.

Many thanks.

Hi Niki,

I have not heard any reports of this issue. I would contact GBP support. I'd love to know what they say if you're able to circle back and update us.

Here are a few of the Google websites:
- La Vallée
- Green Supplier
- Shichiria シ

You will see that posts on each one of them are not updated on the sites after November, even though I've published posts to the respective business profiles in December.

Since it is on all the sites I manage, I am assuming that it is not an individual problem but more widespread?

I did post on the forum a couple of days ago but I have not heard anything back yet.

I will post here if I do.

@hajnasiewicz

Yes, i do think the problem persists. In the examples I had given above (and copied below) the lasts posts featured on the websites are still dated November 2022, even though a number of posts have been published on the respective Google business profiles since then.

- La Vallée
- Green Supplier
- Shichiria シ

I have had one site which had only a few posts (less than the maximum of 9 that are featured on a site), that did feature newer posts: Alexandria Restaurant

So it might be that the bug presents itself once the maximum number of posts (9) are featured on a site and they then stop updating.

@hajnasiewicz

Yes, i do think the problem persists. In the examples I had given above (and copied below) the lasts posts featured on the websites are still dated November 2022, even though a number of posts have been published on the respective Google business profiles since then.

- La Vallée
- Green Supplier
- Shichiria シ

I have had one site which had only a few posts (less than the maximum of 9 that are featured on a site), that did feature newer posts: Alexandria Restaurant

So it might be that the bug presents itself once the maximum number of posts (9) are featured on a site and they then stop updating.

Just wondering - Are you publishing your Posts via NMX or a service provider?

I post directly from the Google business profiles, now directly from Google Search (desktop).

I think the timing of the bug coincides with the recent big change of how to manage the business profiles.

I've just realised that there is the same issue with photos.

Photos are being published on the business profile but they are not being updated/featured on the corresponding business.site website.

I am copying here my update on GBP support:

A quick update.

I've opened a ticket with Google support.

However, so far I have only been able to get the posts and photos of one business website updated manually.

I then tried testing by publishing a new post and uploading a new photo on the same business. Both did not update on the website... even though published to the Google business profile. So the root problem was not solved at all.

It is proving very hard to get the support agent to recognise that this is a bug that cannot be solved with one time manual interventions, and that it is an issue not specific to any particular businesses or account.

If someone is able to escalate, that would be so great 🙏

Here are a few of the Google websites:
- La Vallée
- Green Supplier
- Shichiria シ

You will see that posts on each one of them are not updated on the sites after November, even though I've published posts to the respective business profiles in December.

Since it is on all the sites I manage, I am assuming that it is not an individual problem but more widespread?

I did post on the forum a couple of days ago but I have not heard anything back yet.

I will post here if I do.

Are you using a plug in?

These are not your normal websites, but the ones that can be easily created through the Google business profiles.

The ones that all end in ".business.site".

For example, La Vallée

Posts and photos published to Google business profiles used to be automatically updated on these websites. It is no longer the case since end Nov, beg Dec.

Thanks for clarifying. I do have one client that utilizes the Google website and his posts are current.

I will keep a closer eye on it. I forgot about this site. We do not use it but I was experimenting and testing to see if creating one would help his rankings.

Interesting. Good to know that it does not effect all Google websites.

I also know that it is not exclusive to businesses that I manage, since I've recently seen similar posts on other forums.

Interesting. Good to know that it does not effect all Google websites.

I also know that it is not exclusive to businesses that I manage, since I've recently seen similar posts on other forums.

Let me know what you find out. The post api got depreciated so I am wondering if this is related.

Let me know what you find out. The post api got depreciated so I am wondering if this is related.

There is the same issue with photos, so not sure about the api relation.

Photos are also not updated on the business.site even though published to the business profile.

There is the same issue with photos, so not sure about the api relation.

Photos are also not updated on the business.site even though published to the business profile.

the api applies to the photos as well. Either way we can still post and upload photos so not sure why they would not have this updated on the websites. You may want to nudge Joy to get clarification from Google.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom