More threads by aaronb

aaronb

Reaction score
We have a client in the Chimney Industry that recently had their GBP suspended. After the "typical" 10-11 day wait now, it was reinstated. After reinstatement though we now have another issue. At out last count they have had 7 Google Posts removed by Google that had been added over the last several months. When I contacted and talked with Google Support I was told that because the posts only had Graphics(Canva esc) and no actual photos in them they were considered promotional materials and against guidelines. Support suggested we simply add those post back with a corrected image and they would be fine to reappear on the GBP. That was after the first 3. None have shown back up. The 4 since that have been removed, have included posts with a mix of a actual client photography from jobs. We have several other clients that all do Google Posts this way with just Graphics and no one else so far has had a single issue. Does anyone else have clients that have experienced this? Is this something going on with Google and the suspension process? Did the vetting to get them off of suspension now lag somehow in removing Google Posts? Or could this be a issue/error on Google's in with the filters? Any advice would be great! Thanks,

Aaron

Wait, what? Isn't promoting the business what the Google Profile posts are supposed to be about?

That was my understanding. lol. This is the exact quote I got from the Google rep on the reason for removal. "There are promotional statements. we would request you to kindly upload the photos in which there should be no words."" We would request you to kindly upload the posts again after going through guidelines".

That was my understanding. lol. This is the exact quote I got from the Google rep on the reason for removal. "There are promotional statements. we would request you to kindly upload the photos in which there should be no words."" We would request you to kindly upload the posts again after going through guidelines".

Can you share a full image of one of the rejected posts?

There are guidelines and restrictions with all features. If a profile violates the TOS, the posts can be rejected.

Jason, Here is one of the first three they removed. They are all similar in nature.
Example 1 .jpg

Example 2.jpg

Thanks,Jason. That doesn't explain why this is the only client of ours that this seems to trip. With many other have stock graphic created posts that go along with out incident.

Example 2.jpg

You are not allowed to use stock photos in posts. For the top post, I right-clicked on it and used search image with Google lens and Google found the chimney. You need to use original images.

chimney-stock.jpg

It's the same as a suspension. I use this analogy. A person gets pulled over for speeding and asks the cop, "why did I get pulled over, the other guy was speeding?" The cop says, "I saw you." You got caught this round. Now if it had been a DUI checkpoint, ie mass enforcement, everyone would have been caught.

It's the same as a suspension. I use this analogy. A person gets pulled over for speeding and asks the cop, "why did I get pulled over, the other guy was speeding?" The cop says, "I saw you." You got caught this round. Now if it had been a DUI checkpoint, ie mass enforcement, everyone would have been caught.

Gotcha! Kind of what a figured as well, but nice to hear it spelled out like that. Thanks for checking into this.

Interesting. We have the exact same problem. But, the Google support rep just told us the posts were coming down because they'd reached their expiration date. Yet, the notifications say they violate guidelines. They've escalated it again and we're waiting to hear back. He assured me everything was fine with the posts.

Interesting. We have the exact same problem. But, the Google support rep just told us the posts were coming down because they'd reached their expiration date. Yet, the notifications say they violate guidelines. They've escalated it again and we're waiting to hear back. He assured me everything was fine with the posts.

I am seeing both. I had one email about a post from last September and one for a post that is two weeks old. It has to be a glitch on Google's end and I wouldn't worry about it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom