JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Dave DiGregorio posted on Twitter that he spotted Google showing Google Posts in the Local Finder. I have been unable to replicate it and wanted to see if anyone here has seen these? My assumption is that it might be a limited test.

Google Posts Local Finder.png

Reaction score
I was able to replicate it somewhat doing the same search of "Chicago foreclosure lawyer", but it was for a different business listing and it looks a little different.
Post Preview.png

Here is the listing in the finder, with the post preview and the "!" icon, and you can see that the preview is same as the title of the Event post. In the original screenshots, it was pulling the post description but mine is pulling the title.
I also don't get the "related to your search" box at the top of the knowledge panel like in the original screenshots.
It's also interesting that the post in the original screenshot is an expired post from Jan. 3 and it is still pulling.

I'll keep an eye on this going forward. We post for our clients and I didn't see this replicated for any of the posts we've done for them, but maybe we will in the near future.

Last edited:

Yan Gilbert

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I can't seem to replicate at all. Just getting website and review mentions.

Amy Toman

Reaction score
Hey, did anyone get this to trigger consistently? I saw a tweet from Brodie Clark that said it's "surprisingly simple to trigger. Choose a keyword you already rank in the map pack for & add it to your Google Post. Very similar to "website mentions". " Just wondering if this is testing or has gone away.

Susan

Reaction score
This is awesome, but i"m not able to replicate at all. :(

Brodie Clark

Reaction score
Here's some more details:
Have tested it out for 5 separate businesses now and have been able to get it showing regularly for 4 of them. I suspect the 1 that didn't work is because it already had a "website mentions" feature attached, which G may consider more relevant than my G Post.

Something else that's interesting to note (which was touched on by Cordell in this thread) is that a G Post doesn't need to be active (published within < 7 days) or of the standard format for this to work. In terms of other types of G Posts this works for, here's an "Offers" Post I did which worked almost instantly with the title:

842af788-ac17-4b82-8047-2ee9fd2f629f-original.png

There's bound to be CTR benefits from using this effectively, along with the added exposure of having your Post featured at the top of your GMB listing as a related search result.

Last edited:

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Brodie,

For the ones you did it for, were their competitors already showing posts or was your business the first to get it? Trying to determine if I need a SERP to already show one for someone else before getting one myself.

Brodie Clark

Reaction score
Hey Joy,

I did see a couple of examples where the Post Mentions were showing beforehand, although I know I did manage to trigger one that didn't have that feature previously (from what I could see in the Local Finder).

Something else I noticed today, which might change things - is that I'm unable to trigger this feature at all when using incognito. This could relate to it still being a feature that's being tested though...

I don't think it just works when you're signed in to a Google account either, because I'm able to trigger it when not signed in (just not in incognito).

Will be doing some more testing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
RobertCarnitas Google Posts Live on GMB, But Not Showing in GMB Dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 1
T Help - Google Posts not showing Google My Business & Google Maps 1
H Why are Google 'posts' not showing up on all my accounts Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Google Local Knowledge Graph Showing Google+ Posts - How To & Examples Google My Business & Google Maps 6
T Can a Credit Union Create Google Posts Without Falling Under Prohibited Content? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
JoshuaMackens Google Posts & Ranking Local Search 10
F Turkish post: Google My Business local seo Recycle Bin 0
H Google COVID 19 posts getting suspended Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Google Posts No Longer Expire After Seven Days Google My Business & Google Maps 5
whitespark Everything You Need to Know About Google My Business Posts Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Tim Kahlert Google removed post snippet Google Algorithm Discussions 2
jpayne7 Google Favoring Rich Snippets for Job Postings over Local Business Listings? Google Local 101 4
Vincent_Bakker Google Post Rejected Google My Business & Google Maps 2
j_holtslander What triggered Google here? Thoughts? (GMB Post) Help & Support for Google Local 3
hajnasiewicz Google Posts performance (bulk) All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
Nicole Basham Are You Still Creating Regular Google Posts? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
B Google Posts Not Appearing in the Knowledge Panel Google My Business & Google Maps 3
djbaxter Google: All Guests Posts Should Be Nofollow, Paid or Not Organic SEO 5
T Guest Posting To Increase Your Traffic And Google Rankings. Contact Us Messages 1
Caroline Call Now Button Disappeared on Google Posts Mobile? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
S Google just changed their rules for GMB posts: If you are a chain, you can now mass post to all your GMB locations using a GMB post scheduling tool Google My Business & Google Maps 6
AndySimpson Images That Will Cause Your Google Posts to Fail and Filter Your Google Posts Google My Business & Google Maps 35
V Google My Business script using GMB API - auto replies, question notifications, post scheduling Local SEO Tools & Software 0
L Canada Post Address Doesn't Match Google Maps Citations 6
Claire Carlile Ongoing bug with Google posts? 🐛 Google My Business & Google Maps 14
Claire Carlile Goodbye Google product posts - I'll miss you 😭 Google My Business & Google Maps 1
hajnasiewicz Google Posts: Reporting Views & Clicks Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Ellen Sanity Check - GMB Posts Appearance Google Maps Help & Support for Google Local 1
Rich Owings Social media tools that push Google Posts out? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Henry LocalClarity Business Posted Questions & Answers Removed by Google Multi-Location Issues 5
krystaltaing Delay in Publishing Google Posts? Local Search 2
AndySimpson How to upload Google's FREE Google My Business review video as a GMB post - Part 2 Google My Business & Google Maps 0
AndySimpson How to upload Google's FREE Google My Business review video as a GMB post - Part 1 Google My Business & Google Maps 12
Mathew Coghlan Google Posts for 3,000 client locations+ Local SEO Tools & Software 13
hajnasiewicz Edit and Re-Publish Past Google Post Google News: Important Changes & Features 2
S Does Google penalize you for using the Event post hack to get your post to last more than 7 days? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
nathangdavidson Google Posts not disappearing after a week Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Cordell Crowley New? Google Auto-Generating "Suggested Post" w/ Customer Review Google My Business & Google Maps 2
vivekrpatel Google My Business Post Scheduler Google My Business & Google Maps 16
Jo Shaer Google verification post card never arrives Help & Support for Google Local 4
E Google's new posts - scheduling automated posting tool? Recycle Bin 0
BenFisher Google Testing Posts and Description Position in Local Finder. Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Jo Shaer Can a communications manager add Google posts to GMB listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Scott Rawlins Google Posts and 404 Error Google My Business & Google Maps 1
JoyHawkins Google Posts Moving to the Bottom of the Knowledge Panel? Local Search 4
Scott Rawlins Google Posts - Longer Descriptions? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
djbaxter Google Maps: Local Guides Can Now Post Videos from iPhones Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Colan Nielsen GMB Testing "View previous posts on Google" Link in Bottom of Knowledge Panel Google My Business & Google Maps 5
M Google Questions and Answers - can't post an answer Help & Support for Google Local 4
Colan Nielsen Companies Offering Google Posts as a Service Google My Business & Google Maps 11