More threads by Kurt Steinbrueck

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,

One of my clients had 2 reviews removed from the GMB listing. The reviews were legit, on topic, and didn't use any profanity, etc. The clients also posted pictures and the pictures are still up. I contacted Google and they replied with the standard

"I have checked the page again and we cannot reinstate the reviews removed by the system. Every review goes through a system check and if any violation is found, the review will be removed. These reviews cannot be reinstated. The reviews in question might have been removed for possible violation."​

I asked for further assistance, but got the same message again with slightly different wording. Basically, the reps are saying the reviews were removed by their automated spam system and can't be restored.

I don't think that Google ever deletes anything. So, it seems to me the reviews should be able to be restored.

Is anyone aware of a way to get removed reviews restored?

Is there a better support group at Google I could contact?

Thanks!
Kurt

I'm curious to see what others have to say. We have had the same kind of issue--glowing reviews removed across several clients. Every response we've gotten from google is the same, and it's frustrating for our clients that there is no clear reason why these valid reviews were removed.

I'm here for the same reason! We've had multiple clients experience this same thing over the summer months. The reviews that were removed by Google were authentic, personable, positive reviews. I cannot for the life of me figure out how they went against Google's review policy in any way. It's taking quite a bit of convincing to get our clients to try and keep asking for Google reviews.

Hi KymM and BekahBerry,

Seems like quite a few of us are running into the same problem and the same lack of support from GMB. I still haven't found any more meaningful support from Google, but if/when I do, I'll post it. If you could do the same, that would be great.

Of course, if anyone else out there has the super-secret phone support number or something, please share. ;)

Kurt

Hello! Just a quick status update from my end:

We have 270 GMB profiles that fall under our reputation management service, and to my knowledge, we haven't had a positive review go missing since beginning of August. I'm wondering if the latest core update corrected some of the automated spam issues we were seeing and I was curious to know how everyone else is fairing?

Hello! Just a quick status update from my end:

We have 270 GMB profiles that fall under our reputation management service, and to my knowledge, we haven't had a positive review go missing since beginning of August. I'm wondering if the latest core update corrected some of the automated spam issues we were seeing and I was curious to know how everyone else is fairing?
I hope you're right. I've seen reviews posted as well lately, even on the client which was having trouble before. Here's hoping!!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom