More threads by creekmoremarketing

Solutions
Reaction score
Looking into our company's GBP this morning, we are unable to view Call History on the back end of GBP. Has this feature been removed? We are trying to further attribute where calls to our company came from and removing the call history feature is making it difficult.

Solution
Okay, just got confirmation that this is a feature Google got rid of. I'm going to DM you to get some details because I asked Google how the heck people turn it off and they asked for examples.

Bummer! Of all the metrics (?) that Insights provides, this was perhaps the most useful. The rest, highly suspect as you pointed out recently about the "Request for direction" on Sterling Sky's profile. It's your home. You don't have an address posted (as I recall from your post). Yet it still showed a number of "Actions" requesting directions.

In my client's cases, no one turned "off" this feature. It just disappeared about a week ago.

At first I thought it could be a YMYL thing. I first noticed it on the Insights for a...
A coworker just reported to me that a client is complaining about their profile not showing the phone number. This is obviously because Call-tracking has been activated. However, we cannot find the section to activate or deactivate call tracking on ANY profile! It used to be between "add a picture" and "messages"
1688667561040.png

This is not normal. There have been reports before in this forum of some sections vanishing from this menu, but I've never seen it happen across all the GBPs in an agency account!

A coworker just reported to me that a client is complaining about their profile not showing the phone number. This is obviously because Call-tracking has been activated. However, we cannot find the section to activate or deactivate call tracking on ANY profile! It used to be between "add a picture" and "messages"
1688667561040.png

This is not normal. There have been reports before in this forum of some sections vanishing from this menu, but I've never seen it happen across all the GBPs in an agency account!

It's under advanced settings. Click on the three dots and select advanced settings.

Google-Search (1).jpg

I am not talking about hiding the phone number. I am talking about disabling Google Call-tracking, which is apparently active on this client's profile, but the option to activate or deactivate it apepars to have been removed.

If Google somehow decided to remove this feature for Quebec while not actually deactivating it for clients who had it on, it is a monumental fuck up on their part.

It's under advanced settings. Click on the three dots and select advanced settings.

Google-Search (1).jpg

In this case, we are trying to see the call log from Calls coming in through GBP, not disabling the number on the profile. Previously, we were able to see the phone number and timestamp of calls coming in and our CRM notates where the lead came from. Not having this eliminates our attribution of our leads from this source

Yeah. Called it! Now I need to check again whether the feature is ACTUALLY disabled on our client. Because as my initial problem indicates, "the features is not accessible" and "the feature is disabled" are clearly not the same thing here!

Yeah. Called it! Now I need to check again whether the feature is ACTUALLY disabled on our client. Because as my initial problem indicates, "the features is not accessible" and "the feature is disabled" are clearly not the same thing here!

For the record, we have confirmed that as of today, the client is STILL displaying a tracking number.

Can you confirm that you can't shut off Call History via this path?

Turn off call history
From Google Search
  1. On your computer, sign in to the Google Account you use to manage your Business Profile.
  2. To find your Business Profile, search on Google for your exact business name. You can also search for my business.
    • If needed, to open your Business Profile, select View profile.
  3. Click Customers
    DTIisAOczrSdzNCBxhIKWrjXjHucxNwocghoUa39gw=w36-h36.png
    Calls.
    • Tip: On your desktop, on Google Search, select Calls.
  4. Click the 3-dot menu
    CQ8hAn6izQeWvgYvcCzsCkE4WvweZj-0BvIWMzFu0juRj8=h36.png
    DTIisAOczrSdzNCBxhIKWrjXjHucxNwocghoUa39gw=w36-h36.png
    Calls settings.
  5. Turn off Turn on call history.

Oh, we spent half the day trying. The calls button ("appels" in French) is nowhere to be seen as you yourself have pointed out. That is the problem. I have sent in a ticket over this.

1689180692527.png

I will be curious to hear if it automatically reverts or not

I would be too, but in this case we couldn't afford to wait around with an angry client.

Support emailed yesterday to let us know they "have gone ahead and stopped the call tracking", and today it is indeed gone.

Okay, just got confirmation that this is a feature Google got rid of. I'm going to DM you to get some details because I asked Google how the heck people turn it off and they asked for examples.

I'm pretty sure we're having the exact same problem. Client has the call button on their profile but it's routing to a wrong/disconnected number that is not their number. There's no way to fix the call button number. I've sent a GBP support ticket but other than we can't figure out what to do.

I'm pretty sure we're having the exact same problem. Client has the call button on their profile but it's routing to a wrong/disconnected number that is not their number. There's no way to fix the call button number. I've sent a GBP support ticket but other than we can't figure out what to do.
1689368080580.jpg

I'm not sure, but if it's not showing something like this on mobile, you have a different problem. It may be the locked number bug.

1689368080580.jpg

I'm not sure, but if it's not showing something like this on mobile, you have a different problem. It may be the locked number bug.

I will research the "locked number bug" -- but this is what we're seeing/having a problem with: the call button calls a different number than the actual number/what's in the GBP dashboard. There's no where to see the calls/settings and no way to correct the wrong number

1689371321945.jpg

I haven't seen this particular presentation (we didn't to look at the carousel when examining the problem profile...), but the fact you get a "calls" card (this IS the call-tracking feature!) tells me you have the exact same problem as I did. I went and sherlock-holmes'd my way to the profile to check on mobile and I can confirm it shows EXACTLY the same as our example. Include a mobile screenshot displaying both numbers when you send your ticket request. That's what I did.

I haven't seen this particular presentation (we didn't to look at the carousel when examining the problem profile...), but the fact you get a "calls" card (this IS the call-tracking feature!) tells me you have the exact same problem as I did. I went and sherlock-holmes'd my way to the profile to check on mobile and I can confirm it shows EXACTLY the same as our example. Include a mobile screenshot displaying both numbers when you send your ticket request. That's what I did.

I did not get any solid feedback from support — BUT checked client's profile this morning and the call button is ported to a different number than it was last week and it goes through to the client. Still unable to access settings/turn off forwarding but at least they're able to get the calls at this time.

I did not get any solid feedback from support — BUT checked client's profile this morning and the call button is ported to a different number than it was last week and it goes through to the client. Still unable to access settings/turn off forwarding but at least they're able to get the calls at this time.

You may have to do the explaining in excruciating details. Support is often slow to understand when a problem doesn't fit the easy standard boxes.

Also keep in mind NO HUMAN READS YOUR INITIAL TICKET. You always get a canned response at first. So repeat your explanation and include the screenshot again. That should get you an actual human response.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom